Friday, February 20, 2009

LOL....LOL...LOL.....LOL....

OH... I HAVE SO MUCH TO LEARN...
Don't you just hate it when you wake up with a headache AND the computer is slower than a turtle(it seems to have a headache too) AND you feel embaraced?! OK..I get it! This is for all of you that wondered WHY does she put LOL at the end of her messages? This is why...My daughter called last night and said; "Mom do you know what LOL means?" My grandchild sitting by me said; "Laugh out loud." So I repeated that(like I really did know) Then my sweet daughter said; "Well Mom , if you know, why did you put it at the end of that serious message, and I've noticed that you put it on alot of your messages?!" OH MY GOSH!!! Suddenly, I am feeling SOOOOO embarrassed ! (It's bad enough when I misspell words and make other mistakes)



My grandaughter said; "Grandma, you didn't know what LOL means?" And I try to give her an explaination like...Well when I was your age, we didn't have computers AND I didn't grow up knowing all the things you now know. (never mind that if I'd been listening at all I would atleat know what LOL means)



OK, You have funny kids to write about in your posts...apparently, I have ME ! You know, it's a strange thing, I spent my life teaching-teachin-teaching (no I wasn't a school teacher, just a Mom) , then now at this age, my children are teaching me! It feels so odd! Thank goodness for their patience with me (I think they have more with me than I did with them).



SO..sorry for all of you who wondered...Why did she just put LOL, when that wasn't funny? I'll try to GET IT, so I won't look so silly and so you won't need to wonder about my meaning. This has been a stretch for me to learn how to blog and do Facebook and navigate through this NEW world of Knowledge...but also lots of fun! Thanks to my sweet daughters for SO much help! OK eveyone...keep LOL...(P.S. so your wondering, well what did she think it meant? I thought it meant something like..Love ya alot!) Gee, I wonder what I'll do next? Stay tuned for the next episode of: When The World Turns Will Julie Be With It...Ha Ha Ha

10 comments:

Marleen said...

Hey! You can blog and Facebook! What more can they ask?? LOL

Michael & Lindsey said...

LOL Mom! You make me laugh. "Love ya Lots" huh? It's pretty funny, but all things considering I think your doing a fantastic job! Just keep it up and don't loose your patience. You can do it! LYL (love ya lots) :)

The Askeroth Family said...

Mom I am LOLing at you right now. I was wondering why you put "LOL" at the end of everything you wrote!

Jason said...

I never even gave it a second thought....I thought lots of love.
Maybe I'm slow to.
But at least we know what each other means!
To funnny
At least you can get on a computer, more than either of my parents.

Jason said...

That was me Becca not Jason I did not realized he was logged in, there is no way he would know either meaning of LOL!

Michele and Todd said...

Hey Julie, I thought that it meant Lots of Love. so glad to find out what it really means. Please don't be embarrassed though, because we really didn't notice and my kids laugh at me all the time.
By the way, my maiden name, MacCabe is Irish. Most people spell it McCabe, but my grandfather thought it should be MacCabe. My people came from Ireland and settled in Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island. From there went to California. There was a little bit of Scottish married into some of the people from Ireland.

Cowboy mom said...

Hi Julie,
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I've enjoyed reading yours and Tiffanys and Lindsays and um.... all those other places I ended up. Keep up the blogging I love it. I think it's so fun to keep up on people. LOL (wink) Have a good day.

Jewels said...

I've decided that when I am missing Wayne County I will just come and visit your blog. It always makes me feel better and reminds me of good times.

Julie Harward said...

Jewels...Hi, thanks for the nice comment, it's always nice to have another friend. I'd like to know who you are? That makes even better friends. Have a good day!

Emily said...

LOL!

My grandparents don't use any of this technology stuff, so you're ahead of them, anyway ;)

My mom goes a little overboard with abbreviations. She uses ones that we don't use, like IMO ("in my opinion"), so I sometimes have to decode what she's saying.

Anyway! Nice blog. This is a fantastic post.