Monday, May 18, 2009

"WONDERFUL DAYS"...of joy and peace and happiness

Me and two of my sweet grandaughters; Brickelle and Natalie. They had a sleep-over at Grandma's house, we had so much fun making cookies. I thought they were getting too big to read stories to, but they brought me books, and I read to them until I about lost my voice...I loved it even more than they did I think!
The next day, they went with me to a "Mothers and Daughters" day at Relief Society..we made lots of crafts and have a nummy lunch, then we went to look at flowers. They are so much fun to be with~My Mothers Day weekend was so much fun...spending time with these little dolls, then Ron took me out for a shrimp dinner up at Fishlake. After, we took a walk along the lake. it was warm and peace-filled, a great day.

It's always such a pleasant surprise to run onto a cactus full of flowers !
FISHLAKE LODGE...my very favorite place! This big OLD lodge sits right by Fishlake. It was built in the early 1900's and is still used, there's a resturant, a dance floor, a gift shop, big rooms for wedding receptions.

I've been here for dances, nothing is better than hanging out on the deck, watching the full moon being reflected out on the lake.

I love to eat in the resturant...sitting in a table, looking out over the lake.

It's a big old place that has so much history, you can "feel" it! I love to sit out on the deck eating a cheesburger, staring at the beautiful lake, smelling the pines.

A BIG old rock chuck watching us

There's a awesome trail that goes along the length of Fishlake, I've walked it many times. Once I rounded a bend in the trail and walked right into a MOOSE...he was eating in the bushes, I didn't know what to do with myself..luckily my wonderful dog came immediately to my side, and "pushed me" on, or I might have froze there in fear! The moose just kept on eating, like, "You just leave me alone, and I'll leave you alone." A thrilling experience!

FISHLAKE....such a beautiful place to be. Ron's grandpa Bagley negotiated a treaty with the Indians years ago, so that we can use it today. A spot for recreations and great fishing/camping. People come from all over to enjoy it, yet it's never over crowded.

Some State record size fish have been caught in this deep, cold mountain lake.


I went over to Emery to watch Michael (Lindsey's husband) compete in a Trials Bike competion..it was hot and dirty, but we had lots of fun. Michael took FIRST in the Champ division..he is awesome to watch! (This is Lori, Lindsey and me, trying to stay in some kind of shade).

Doing one of the sections at the trials meet

Michael can fly up over BIG rocks like they are nothing!

Cougar, trying to fit himself on the little padded part, "Oh the dog days of summer."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Life is good...the weather is warm now, everything is getting green, fun events to look forward to this summer (the very best is a new grandbaby coming in August, Tiffany's). I love spending time with my family, just hanging out or cheering them on, talks with grandchildren, it's always so satisfing to me.
In my younger years, I remember that the only thing I ever really wanted was to be surrounded by my family...that is Heaven to me, hope it can always be so.
Wishing everyone a wonderful sumer, spent in the places you love best and with the people you love most. As a kid I loved my summers so much, I think I spent half my time up in my favorite tree, reading a book. Having tea parties,laying on the grass, looking at the beautiful clouds, riding my horse, playing in the water, day dreaming and enjoying the warmth of the sun....I plan to do the same this summer, you see, I'm still that same little girl at heart, only this time around, I have my own wonderful family and those precious grandchildren to enjoy it all with. Hope you do too, Happy Summer To You!

1 comment:

The Askeroth Family said...

I love the pictures of you and the girls! You look so skinny!