Tuesday, May 26, 2009

NATURE and NURTURE..ing we go~

There's a trail up behind our home, we love to hike up it. the other day when the grandkids were here for a sleep-over, we took them on this hike. They loved it, they made a video of it, climbed every huge boulder, climbed to all the highest peaks, standing with their arms outstretched, yelling; "I'm the king of the world"...as the wind nearly blew them off the big rock they stood on. It was so much fun, Grandma & Grandpa, the dogs and the grandkids...I was so glad that we walk and run everyday, so that we can hike with our grandchildren. We all had so much fun!!!
Our home..through the trees..sits just a "walk through the pasture" from the trail head.

THE VELVETS....where we hiked to, about a couple of miles~

Bo and Cougar resting in the shade

We love these HUGE boulders...like sculptures everywhere

Along the trail...everywhere I look it is awesome~

This is a picture of "The Velvets"....they are just above our home, they sit at the base of these beautiful Red Mountains. it is such a beautiful place to walk, ride the horses, or ride a motorcycle/4 wheeler.

One of the views...looking down at the highway below

Some places look like the surface of Mars...huge bolders just scatterd around


Cougar and Bo, waiting for us to catch up...hope they will always "be there, waiting for me."

The view of our home from up on the trail

The grandkids played in the hot tub for hours after out hike...got up the next morning and played in it again for two more hours! They had so much fun~
I filled them up with lots of good food and treats; Brownies, Peanut Butter Popcorn, hot dogs, baked apple french toast & ham, apples and more treats...we had so much fun~Grandparents and Granchildren and sleep-overs go together like peanut butter and jelly...so good!!!

It looks like Summer is on the way, we've had a ton of rain here, so good for the farms, everything is SO green. I enjoy my walks each and every day, the trees, birds,the red mountains that surround our home, the dogs (they love the walks) the river, perfect temp.'s , the fresh air...life is good.

I read a quote the other day that I liked, I share it with you here...
" Each day I walk along the banks of the water, that my soul may repose on the trees, that I may refresh myself under the shadow of the sycomore" (This is from an Egytian tomb inscription--1400 BC)

I think that just shows that we truly are, all brothers & sisters, daughters and sons of a Heavenly Father, who created us all. We have so many of the same hope's and aspiration's and feeling's...we respond to the world that was created for us in many of the same ways, no matter what age or time we come to live on the Earth.
I'm so grateful to live on the Earth at "this time"...and no matter what is going on in the world, I can find true peace and joy as I experience the joys of this beautiful Earth. I'm so glad that I am blessed with health and strength, that I can get out everyday and enjoy nature, it is such a wonderful blessing in my life.

" The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing that stands in the way. Some see nature as strange deformity, and some scarce see nature at all. But to the eyes of the man of imagination, nature is imagination itself." (William blake 1799)

Get out there...see it all...enjoy every moment...breath it into your heart, mind and soul. It will make you healthy, happy, full of peace and joy. Love everyday~














6 comments:

The Askeroth Family said...

Cute background! Did you change it by yourself?
Fun pictures, sounds like a crazy and loud weekend.
We will see you tomorrow! Let me know when you know what time you will get here and where you are staying. See you soon...Get prepared for a relaxing afternoon tomorrow!

Julie Harward said...

YES...I can hardly wait for my massage! It'll all be fun~

The Kent Family in Kenai said...

What a great place to hike!

Jana said...

Julie,
I too love the blogging world because of the creativity! Your background is way cute. Looks like you had a good time with the grandkids, that sounds so fun! What a pretty place we live in and have the oppurtuntiy to do these things!

Richard and Teona said...

Grandkids are the BEST!! I too LOVE spending time with all my family. I enjoyed reading your blog, thanks for the invite.

marie said...

We are sooo lucky to live in such a beautiful place. We like to take our kids on hikes and rides just to enjoy the view. It's also good for me to be reminded of what a wonderful place it is we live in:)