Saturday, August 29, 2009

FUN TIMES...missing my little grands~

I just have to have a picture of my little Ella Mae in this post...she is such a beauty!!!
While at the Myan...we orderded a chocolate eruption cake to share...Caleb was so excited, me too! It was SO nummy~

Tiffany and Isaac's first "Family picture" with little Ella. They took me to the Myan resturant...it was so much fun! They had cliff divers inside, they would dive off cliffs 45 feet high..it was really cool!
When I suggested to Caleb that he get into the dragon/snake's mouth so I could take his picture, he was a bit leery, but then he loved it!
This is sweet little "Ollie"...their 2nd poodle...I just love him!
Caleb wearing his Dad's police boots and riding his motorcycle (as he calls it!)
I told Caleb about Angel Moroni so as we walked around the temple and caught glimpses of him, Caleb would yell out; " Moroni..HI! " It was so cute...and when we got home, he talked about the temples and Moroni all the time!
The Oquirrh Temple...it was so tall and beautifull...I love temples, the houses of the Lord, every one!
Caleb reaching out to touch the Temple...I hope he always will.

They took me to see the Oquirrh, Jordan River, and the Draper Temples. All are so wonderful, the moment I stepped onto the trmple grounds, I could feel the spirit so strongly! I've felt that before at the Salt Lake Temple, but I thought it was just the difference of the city compared to the temple...it is much more than that...it is the spirit! I love the temples, I feel so blessed to serve in the Manti Temple. I was especially impressed with the Draper Temple...it looks like it sits right in God's pocket, nestled right in front of two tall mountains, plus it was just at sunset and the lights of the temple and the sunset were unbelievably beautiful!

The kids took me to Wheeler Park, a big old farm in Salt Lake. I used to take all my kids to it when we lived in Kaysville, it's a fun place for families. The geese and ducks were so tame!



I spent a lot of time playing with Caleb in his room...he lined these little friends up, then sat down by them...I LOVE HIM SO MUCH!!! We read everyone of his books, sang songs, got him sticking his stickers all over himself to keep him entertained. His dog Tucker even came in and played the piano...really!


I had such a fun time when I stayed at Isaac and Tiffany's. It was so fun to stay with my daughter, helping out with her little Caleb and the new baby Ella for 9 days..pure grandma heaven! They were good to me too...taking me out for dinner and to see the temples, and to Wheeler farm. I enjoyed it all...I'm so thankful to have daughters, they are truly best friends for life! I just know that we were friends in our premortal life. I feel so blessed to have them in my life and to share such bonding experiences with them. To see them be mothers, and especially to be mothers who value motherhood...their babies are blessed to have such a mother, especially in these last days. It's funny but it's true...you get your kids raised and you think it's all over, then you fall in love with your grandchildren, and start praying and worrying about them. I hope they'll all have strong testimonies and strong faith in their Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. They will need to, to get through these, the last days. Praying for and loving them all.

3 comments:

Cowboy mom said...

What a GRANDma.

The Kent Family in Kenai said...

That fountain cake is TOO cool! Sounds like a marvellous time! What a cute family :))

The Askeroth Family said...

Thanks for coming to stay with us mom. It was so nice to have the help and the company! Caleb misses you too. He was talking about horsey kisses the other day.