Saturday, October 6, 2012

WHERE MY HEART IS....



Looks like Fall is here to stay! 
Come see where my heart is, come on in!
(I loved making the wreath)

I love Fall and all it brings...


I love pulling out the Fall blankets and throws...


I made a nature basket of things from this area that I like. I went
over to the St. George temple grounds and gathered a few of my
favorite things...the little white puff in the middle is cotton from the
cotton plants there.


This praying mantis hangs out on one of my front porch chairs.


My roses in St. George are blooming like crazy!

I love that Fall can be here and I can still have my roses.


My little front foyer in our St. George home.


An old picture in the foyer, it's called; Bus Stop On Temple Street.
You can see on the bottom right corner the St. George Temple.


Some of the things I love...


I love Lavender and angels...

And baby kittens...

I love the little old shelves in this home too.

An old frame I found with a picture of Ron and I
from years ago when we met.

A $100.00 throw I found for our white bed...it was only
$5.00 at a thrift store! It still had the tags on it too!


I love little birds and flowers...

and old mirrors...

I love to doll up my shower curtain with with sparkles...

I changed the old ugly glass for... pretty old glass.

It gives off such a pretty glow in the bathroom.



I love my new painting on the fridge...

and my old aprons hanging on the back door.

Love,  love my old vintage glasses...


and the pictures of family on my fridge.


I love old linins,  my linin book,  and chickens


Love the cherry spoon rest...

that matches the valances I made.

A little sign to match too.


We love the back patio too, this is a fun place to eat a fresh grilled
hamburger!


I found these darling little guys at a thrift store...


they make me smile...

Cutest little faces ever!


I LOVE to curl up out here and read for hours!



I didn't know if I liked this old stove, but after dressing it
up a bit, I love it!


I found this old old frame at a thrift store and I
added this sweet picture.


I have had this little lamp for years, it looks so cute
on my dressing table.


So do the roses...

and the red polka dot gloves hanging over the mirror...

I love pretty things on my dresser...

A fun place to get ready!


I put this basket together for my kitchen table...

we have real grapes in our back yard too...

I just love Vintage, don't you?



My mom gave me this little red cardinal. I love to see
through it as I look out back. 

Well, now you know why I am gone a lot and where
my heart is. We are still trying to get our home sold
so that we can get here, and stay...where our hearts are.

LOVE TO ALL



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie! Lovely post! I just love seeing your new home and all the pretties you have in your home. Your basket of veggies is just perfect for your table and of course you know I love all those Roosters.
Hope you're having a nice weekend.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

RoeH said...

I'm coveting that picture of the house with the temple in the background. I want it. And I also want it in St. George. I'd love to live there. I really liked it.

Debby said...

I love your little vintage home. Loe the town as well. I sure wich that you could sell your other home. It is so beautiful and big and the location is wonderful. But it will take a special buyer. When we had our little cottage it was so much fun filling it with reprposed vintage things. Sure miss that little place. Hope to see this house one day and find something little and sweet like yours.

Eileen said...

I so enjoyed seeing how you decorated your home in St. George, Julie. It looks so cozy and welcoming. I can see why you love spending time there. :0)

wendy said...

Oh my, I loved that little walk around your house showing your Heart things.
Your tastes are similar to mine. Yes I love vintage.
Your fridge looks just like Mine...lots of family photos.
So called "decorators" say don't do that...and I say phoooey. That's what makes a home.
love ya sweet Julie.
I sure hope your house can get sold soon so you can "stay put"

Nora said...

Loved this post... loved everything... especially your aprons ( I love aprons ) :)

Kerin said...

It's easy to see where your heart is; in faith, family, and home.

Best wishes to you in selling your other home.

Love all the sweet things you've added to your S.G cottage. So cozy, inviting, and charming.

Smiles :)
K.

Julie said...

OH my. don't know How I missed this post????? but I found it today and yes I LOVE all your vintage. So pretty Julie. Your place would draw my heart in. You have done such a fantastic job making it all your own...your personal love and stamp on it. So glad you are sharing it with us as you claim your spot there in St. George. :-) I saw the lovely pic of the mom and baby and other children and dog in your front hall. ANOTHER favorite print by Elsley that we share. That print, Good Night, is in my pink bath, and all of the deep brown in it has caused me to add more dark accents to the bath, and I am liking it better every day! (Hugs) to you Julie. Thanks for sharing your nest! "ENJOYED!" :-) xoxo

Leslie said...

So much charm and so many cute things ~ Yes, we can see why you love it so much!!! : )

Barbara F. said...

Congratulations, Julie! He is a handsome little boy! Great photos. xo