Tuesday, March 3, 2009

SPRING PICNIC...

Capitol Reef National Park is about 15 minutes from our house..I love to go there on picnic's especially when it's just a bit cold still because it's always a bit warmer there. We were in the mood for a Spring picnic, so packed a few things and off we went. Ron grilled some burgers(oh, they were so good) and Cougar ate lots of dropped potato chipsANDDeer poop! We all had fun.
Cougar was sure this stump was going to get him-he barked and barked at it, so Ron took him up by it to show him that it was ONLY a stump, but he didn't believe it for one minute!

Capitol Reef is awesome anytime of the year, I just love to be there and absorb it all

I LOVE these two giant trees in the park..they look like they've been there forever


Cougar wasn't sure he liked this horse sniffing him and nibbling his puppy fur!


Cougar loved getting ahold of Bojangles leash...it looked like he was taking Bo for a walk

Even the deer must have thought it was a good day for a picnic, they were all over this area


The sights are so beautiful that even an amateur photographer like me can get some good shots


Spring seems to be so slow in coming but I know it'll be here soon, if I can just get through the wind part...got to know the bitter to appreciate the sweet I guess. I think we'll wait for a bit warmer day for our next picnic, oh, but that hamburger was so good! No matter what time of year it is though, Wayne County is the best place to be. I love it here so much, the people are wonderful and do truly take care of each other. In these tough times, heck, if we had to, we could live on the beautiful scenery alone! Happy Spring to all of you..and get picnicing!

6 comments:

The Askeroth Family said...

Wow, Cougar looks huge now! How funny that he was scared of the stump. I like your pictures, the top one is really pretty!

Cowboy mom said...

It's getting to be that time of year. wahoo!!!!! I love picnics but I also love a little bit warmer weather and less wind. Looks like you had a great time.

Michael & Lindsey said...

Wow mom! Beautiful pictures. Capitol Reef is beautiful anytime of year. I miss picnicing there. I laughed so hard when I saw the picture of Cougar walking Bow around on his leash. Looks like you and dad are having lots of fun! Love ya lots!

The Kent Family in Kenai said...

Awesome pictures, and all those deer together like that - cool!

grandkrumps said...

Looks like simply beautiful weather there. We have been slogging through a TON of rain, and no doubt somewhere along the Mississippi we/they will be filling sandbags before long. Last June several bridges across the river were labeled OUT OF ORDER for several days. Now, with no shopping in Nauvoo, that makes life really interesting, let me tell you. Thanks for showing me your beautiful surroundings.

juli said...

What a darling blog you have!
Be careful though - soon you will be wanting to chronicle every little thing!
I love that it makes keeping all the families connected to every day life.