Tuesday, February 21, 2012

GUARDIANS OF THE HEARTH....


My husband gave me this plaque at Christmas time. He said that as he
walked by it, he got chills as he thought of me, and my role as the
mother of the home, needless to say, I loved his gift, and his thoughts of me.


One of the things I love the most is looking eye to eye, spirit to spirit
with God's sweet little ones that have been sent to grow up in my family.


The complete trust that Heavenly Father and his little ones have in us,
is truly a humbling feeling. It is an honor and a great joy to be the ones
who get to be a child's "everything" as they grow up in our homes & families.


Link~Sophia and her Elmo and Ernie~

"We call upon parents to devote their best efforts to the teaching and
rearing of their children in gospel principles which will keep them close
to the church. The home is the basis of a righteous life, and no other
instrumentality can take it's place or fulfill it's essential functions in
carrying forward this God-given responsibility." (Gordan B. Hinckley)


Ella knows who she is already...the other day her mommy said to her;
Ella, I love you, you are so special to me." And Ella replied to her mom;
"I special because Jesus made me a princess!"

On my next visit I took her a little necklace with a crown and told her
that I too know she is a very sweet princess to her Heavenly Father and
her Savior Jesus Christ.


~Caleb, Claire and Ella~

"If I could have one thing happen for parents, it would be that they feel the
love of the Lord in their lives each day, as they care for Heavenly Father's
children...I invite you, in all your dealings, to put on the mantle of charity, to
envelop your family in the pure love of Christ." (Bonnie D. Parkin)


Sophia on a safari hunt....

"Remember the love of your mother. Remember how she strove for
your welfare. Remember how willing she was to sacrifice her life for
your good. Remember what she taught you in your childhood...those
feeling will become a defense, a barrier between you and temptation.
(Joseph F. Smith)


I do believe that Claire has found her thumb!

"Mothers in Zion, your God-given roles are so vital to your own
salvation and to the salvation and exaltation of your family. A
child needs a mother more than all the things money can buy.
Spending time with your children is the greatest gift of all."
(Ezra T. Benson)


Ella, Claire and Caleb...3 little bugs in a rug!

"Heaven is a place, but it is also a condition; it is home and family.
It is understanding and kindness. It is interdependence and it is
selfless activity. It is quiet, sane living; personal sacrifice, and it is
genuine hospitality, wholesome concern for others. It is living the
commandments of God without ostentation or hypocrisy. It is
a sweet glimpse of heaven, or little bit of heaven on earth."
(Spencer W. Kimball)


Sophia knows how to enjoy a Valentine cookie!

"Mothers and fathers have a sacred responsibility to teach and
nurture their children. Mothers and grandmothers can prepare
their daughters and granddaughters to be the nurturers of their home."
(Daughters in My Kingdom)


~Tiffany and Claire~

"Every woman who strengthens and protects her family is doing
the work of God. Every woman who lives as a woman of God becomes
a beacon for others to follow and plants seeds of righteous influence that
will be harvested for decades to come, even into eternity. (M. Russell Ballard)



~Ella in all her Super-Cuteness~

"Children, being pure and holy, teach us something of our heavenly
home. No gift bestowed upon us is so precious as children. They
are proof that God still loves us. They are the hope of the future!"
(David O. McKay)


~Darin and Laura and family~

"The time will come when only those who believe deeply and
actively in the family will be able to preserve their family in the
midst of the gathering of the evil around us."
(Spencer W. Kimball-1980)



~Kelsey and Ronnie~

"Every sister who stands for truth and righteousness diminishes
the influence of evil. Every sister who makes and keeps sacred
covenants becomes an instrument in the hands of God."



~Kelton and Stetson~

Young men, regardless of your age, you are building your life;
it will be cheap and shoddy or it will be valuable and beautiful;
it will be full of constructive activities or it can be destructive;
it can be full of joy and happiness, or it can be full of misery. It
all depends upon you and your attitudes, for your altitude, or
the height you climb, is dependent upon your attitude or your
response to situations. (Spencer W. Kimball)



~Britton~

God bless young men...I know your Heavenly Father is your
true friend. Everything he asks you to do is right and will
bring blessings to you and make you manly and strong.
(Spencer W. Kimball)



~Megan~

"Of all the creations of the Almighty there is none more
beautiful than a lovely daughter of God. You have been
born at this time for a sacred purpose. Put the Lord first
in your lives, turn your hearts to him. You are the royal
daughters of the Lord in these the last days."
(Spencer W. Kimball)



~Brody~

There was a mom who was making divinity one day and she
allowed her little boy to eat all the divinity he could scrape
from the spoons, pans, and bowls. He and his mom were
listening to a talk, and the speaker said, "There is a spark of
divinity in each of us." The little boy jumped up and said,
"A spark of divinity? Wow, I'm full of it!"

Yes, children are full of divinity. Surely the angels attend them.
"Except we become as a little child, we cannot enter into the kingdom of God."
(Joanne B. Doxey)



Sophia with her mommy and daddy

"There is a saying that big gates move on small hinges. Sisters, your
example in seemingly small things will make a big difference in the
lives of young people. The way you dress and groom yourselves, the
way you talk, the way you pray, the way you testify. the way you live
every day will make the difference. This includes which TV shows you
watch, which music you prefer, and how you use the Internet.
(Dieter F. Uchtdorf)



My daughter Lisa gave this to me at Christmas time and I love it,
and I believe it, and I love to be that toy...it brings me so much joy!


"I do not believe that God's purposes on earth will ever be achieved
without the influence, strength, love, support, and special gifts of the
elect women of God. They are entitled to our deepest veneration, our
fullest appreciation, and our most profound respect. I believe angels
attend them in their motherly and grandmotherly ministry.

The spiritual rewards of motherhood are available to ALL women.
Nurturing the young, comforting the frightened, protecting the
vulnerable, teaching and giving encouragement need not...and
should not...be limited to our own children.
(James E. Faust)
***

I hope you enjoyed these quotes, each one given by different leaders over
the years in my church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
And you can always count on a few grand children in my post, I am sure you
know that by now! God bless you...Guardians of the Hearth.

~WITH ALL MY LOVE~

54 comments:

Debby said...

Such a beautiful post. My favorite is baby finding her thumb.

Bluebells and Lavender said...

Beautiful post Julie and I always enjoy seeing the grandchildren scattered among the wisdom. Have a lovely weekend. Sharon

Sharon said...

This was a very beautiful posts and I loved the quotes.
You have such a beautiful family.
I love that photo of baby and thumb, I love their look of total surprise when they discover something new about themselves.
Hugs

Gloria said...

Hi Julie,
You are blessed with such a beautiful family. I love all the sweet pics of the grands! What a dear gift from God our family truly is.
I DO agree that as women we have a huge influence on our family and impact on our society. God will give us the strength to make a positive influence when we go to Him in prayer daily for guidance.
Thanks for sharing from your heart.

Happy week to you!

xoxo...Gloria

Kerin said...

Hi Julie..
All great quotes!!
How blessed we are to have such wonderful leaders that inspire us and help us become better people!
And, how blessed you are with all those sweet spirits :)

Barbara F. said...

What a loving and beautiful family, Julie. A great post. xo

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Beautiful Julie!
Those kiddies are the cutest and to me, Motherhood is the most important job in the world!
Hugs,
Cindy

Becky~ said...

This was a lovely post Julie.Your grandkids are growing.Claire is just too adorable.Shes growing so fast my.

Have a lovely rest of the week.Blessings!

Eileen @ My Evergreen Place said...

Great post, Julie. And, I would not trade being a mother for anything in the world.

"Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love." ~Mildred B. Vermont

Ann said...

Beautiful post and I love all your pictures. The one of Claire finding her thumb made me smile

Brenda said...

I always enjoy reading your posts! Thanks for sharing! So true about your gift from your husband. :)

HossBoss said...

Beautiful sentiments, beautiful pictures, Julie ...as always. Like that old saying, the hand that rocks the cradle rules the world ...yes, it does.

: )

Betsy said...

What a lovely post. Being a mom is the hardest but most rewarding thing to do, isn't it? But God sure fills us with love and that's what drives us to do it all...so wonderful. :)

Red Couch Recipes said...

Those are such awesome quotes and awesome pictures of your loved ones. We musn't sell ourselves short as so much is expected of us! Joni

Tanya said...

Hi Julie,
I loved your post! And I'm tickled to say I get to join your group called "Grandma"!!!!!!! Yep, I have a new granddaughter and it is so fun! You are an expert....so please give me tips!
Hugs,
Tanya

happeningswithLana said...

Love seeing some of the pictures of the other grandkids. Claire has such big eyes! Does Lindsey and Tiffany live teh closet to you?
Getting any closer to selling your house?

Julie said...

Such a HUGE reminder to young mothers...You are so good to post this Julie...I can't think of any greater calling in the whole of eternity than to have the privilege of being a mother...when I think of all that I wouldn't know or have become if I hadn't had children....wow...they are God's gift to us to change US!!! I love your post and I love this quote I have had on my sidebar since DAY ONE of my blog...it's truth!
** "...admonish the young women to love their...children" Titus 2:4
"The world is tugging at our children's hearts, pulling them down and away from God. Loving our children means we are willing to get down in the trenches and fight to turn our children's hearts toward God -toward His Word and His ways." Elizabeth George
You are special Julie. Blessed to know you bloggy sis...xoxo {hugs}

retrorevival.biz said...

How wonderful to share such love and respect with your husband:) Your words warmed me on this chilly Florida morning:) So beautiful.

~Cindy

Tanna at The Brick Street Bungalow said...

Wonderful post, Julie. Quotes that stir the heart... and beautiful grandchildren. Such a wonderful and grave responsibility to be entrusted with the life of a child. We are blessed indeed. tanna

Megan said...

What a nice post to read first thing in the morning~ thank you.
I think I love that quote by Sister Parkin the most today.
Have a great week!

PS~ love Sophia's hair cut and what a nice compliment/gift from your husband.

Mom of 12 said...

Those babies are so cute! And I love the school pics. So fun to see how they change over time.
Sandy

wendy said...

That was very nice Julie.
Through all the frustrations and sometimes heartaches that come with being a Mom...It is my greatest JOY and blessing.

I always enjoy the photos of your kids and grands.

Walking on Sunshine... said...

Beautiful post and beautiful photos!!!

pollydove said...

Wow, those are wonderful quotes Julie! You took a lot of time putting this post together too ... thank you!!!! I LOVE nothing as much as I love being a mother! Such joy in our children and now grandchildren, huh?! xoxo

Jacqueline said...

Amen! I can't tell you how many times I have tearfully said a prayer of gratitude for the opportunity to have lived long enough to be a grandparent (and of course to have them close enough to know them!) My absolute favorite is the snuggle bugs in bed!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Eye level is good! Sometimes it can be a challenge to stop and get "face time" with the kiddos, but so important. We just got back from another round of visits with the youngest too! You're right. You have to visit a lot while they're tiny.

Cheryl @ The Farmer's Daughter said...

I love the words on the plaque your hubby gave you, they are so profound. You have a beautiful family and are very blessed!

bj said...

Hi, Julie girl, as always, I loved this beautiful post filled with love and grands. Well, grands ARE love. :))
xoxo bj

Amy said...

The love you have for your family is absolutely beautiful. Lots of hugs my friend...

Cherie said...

Beautiful post Julie and sooooo true! I see so many children each day who are not taken care of and my heart breaks for them - they are precious. Families are Precious. Parents and grandparents are precious. We all need each other.

I Love all the Quotes but the one by President Kimball that states that the time will come when only those who believe deeply and actively in the family will be able to preserve their family in the midst of the gathering of the evil around us. I love that one.
when he said that years ago we couldn't imagine then what the world would be like now.
I am thinking that now we cannot even imagine how much worse it can be.
We need to keep our families strong.

Cherie said...

I just wrote a long comment and I think i lost it - Dang!

In essense beautiful post!! Our families are so precious - every member needs every other member because the family is definately under attack.

We need to stay strong and do right.

Loved all the quotes.

GardenofDaisies said...

Julie, I love your posts about your grandchildren. We can tell that your home and your children's homes are places where children/grandchildren are cherished and raised with love. The way it should be. How I wish it was that way for every child in this world. Too many go ignored, neglected, unwanted and worse.

Leslie said...

I love the plaque, the photos and the quotes!! Lovely post!!! We love seeing all of the grands ...they are growing up so quickly.

Have a great weekend

blessedmoms simple home said...

I've enjoyed looking over your last few posts of your beautiful family. You are truly blessed Julie!
Blessings,
Marcia

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

Children are such a gift from God. "Except we become as little children we cannot enter the kingdom of heaven."
Blessings for your family!

Robyn said...

You have such a beautiful family! What a blessing! Thank you for sharing :)
Robyn

Gypsy Heart said...

Beautiful post ~ gorgeous children! I loved seeing some of the older ones.

Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

xo
Pat

Connie said...

Beautiful quotes. Love all the pictures. You're a good example to us, Julie.

Jessica Heights said...

This is such an encouraging and uplifting post!!

Garden of Egan said...

Beautiful post. Every single quote is you to a T.
I love the pictures of those beautiful grandchildren and children.

Cindy said...

Your grands are beautiful and such a wonderful, precious heritage.
Hugs, cindy

Something Special said...

I love this post so much, It has lifted me up this morning and makes me even more in awe that I get to be a Mother and grandmother. and I especially can really appreciate some of the kids in those pictures! They are all wonderful though. In case someone else reads this, please don't think am not so kind, but I happen to be the other grandmother to 3 of those kids. Caleb, Ella and baby Claire. Julie you sure teach us all by being a blogger. Love you too!

janis said...

Awe Julie~ I always love visiting your neck of the woods and the smiles you bring to me. Your Grands are so beautiful & darling. Ella gave me a big smile with her answer of being a Princess. Love the wonderful quotes too. They are inspirational indeed.
I know you are a busy lady, however, if you get a free second, and dont mind, please keep me & my family in your prayers... I could use a little uplifting & need to listen to what God is trying to say to me.
Love to you & yours~

Nezzy said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again...you have a most beautiful family.

I published my last post and it's not finished. I'm just gonna work with it up the way it is!

God bless and have a beautiful week sweetie!!!

Isabelle Thornton said...

You are such an inspiration. Thank you for being you.
Hugs,
Isa

Brandi said...

I love the plaque that your husband gave you. I was feeling down one day last week and my husband said something similar to me regarding our children. Thank GOD we have our family to uplift us. I hope that one day I will be loving grandmother just as you are.

Teresa@oursoutherncountryhomeandfarm said...

This is the sweetest post. I have been meaning to comment on it, but just haven't taken the time (sorry). I always enjoy your post about your family. You have one of the most beautiful families I have ever seen!

Bonnie said...

Beautiful, Julie. I had forgotten how much I love reading blogs, especially sweet sisters like you, ...I think I am back!

Hugs, Bonnie

Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust said...

I did enjoy the beautiful quotes & the adorable grandchildren. You are truly blessed. Thanks for sharing with us.

Warmly, Michelle

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Who could not love this post. It is adorable and so are you.
Love
Maggie

Wanda said...

Hi Julie...Sorry I've been so remiss in visiting. Life has been so busy for us..and I do appreciate your visits, and especially your prayers and love for our Julie. She is recovering nicely now.

Julie, I smiled at your comment that you were suprised I wear boots...Yes, and long skirts. I a little bit country and a little bit gypsy..what a handful my hubby got when he fell in love with me!! haha.

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

wonderful quotes AND photos Julie!

Paula said...

These pictures are all so precious, Miss Julie~ but the black and white one of Ella, and of Claire and Tiffany, are simply stunning!
Love the plaque~ your hubby knows you well! :)

Sue said...

Never thought of myself as a toy!!! love that.

What a great post.