Saturday, September 22, 2012

OUR FUN FOUR DAYS...

 Ron and I went north for a few days...We stayed at
this lovely place in Provo. It sits right by the Provo river
and it was so peaceful.

 There was a 5 mile walking path behind it and we
had a couple of awesome walks there.

 The path goes right along the river with several bridges
that cross the river.

 My Lemon grandparents used to fish this river
and I was always told how grandma could out
fish grandpa every time! One time she reeled a
big fish in, gave it a jerk, and it flew out of the
water and smacked grandpa right on the cheek!

Our suite was just lovely and we enjoyed every bit of it.

There was a copper roofed gazebo out back too.


Then we went on up to Salt Lake City to spend
a couple of days. This is the lobby of the
Joseph Smith building, it used to be the 
Hotel Utah for many years.

 The malls of Salt Lake City have all been joined together
to become "City Creek Mall"...

 This picture is what the shopping center of Salt Lake used
 to look like in the pioneer era, this was Zion's store.


 It looks much different now!


This beautiful temple looks much the same as when the 
pioneers built it. It took 40 years for them to get it done. As
I stand looking up at it, I always wonder...how did they do it?!


 City Creek Mall is so amazing! The huge glass
domed roof is retractable.

 Trees and city creek run all the way through the
 long mall. It's just all amazing!






 Sitting right across the street is Temple Square,
home of the beautiful temple and the Tabernacle Choir.


 It's just full of gorgeous flowers and trees and water 
fountains... Such a Garden of Eden.




~ Joseph and Emma~

The flower gardens are the best, I took my daughters
on a garden tour once, it was so interesting to see
how it is all done. In the Fall they add Lights to all
the trees for Christmas.


 We went on a tour through the Lion House and the 
Beehive House. I love seeing how the pioneers always
made something out of nothing, making life beautiful.

 I loved this entry light...

 and the beautiful handmade beds...

 We had dinner at the Lion House Pantry...

My favorite place to eat.


 A pretty dining room in the Beehive house...

 A beautiful handmade bookcase.

 Lovely entry mirror...

 I could live like this...

Gorgeous hand work in this stair banister.


 The way the Eagle Gate looked back then...

And how it looks now.

 The streets of Salt Lake are lined with so many pretty flowers.

 The Beehive House

 Love the old gates with the flowers.

The Lion House

 The Salt Lake Mormon Temple with the reflection pond,
I caught a newly married couple too!

 The ceilings in the Joseph Smith Memorial building...

 are just so...

breath taking!

 Brigham was right...this is the right place.


 I took these pictures of the temple from across
the street and up in the top of, The Roof at The Top.

Time spent in Salt Lake City is the best, we had so much fun.



Ron and Sophia at the Wayne Co. Fair parade.



And me with two of my daughters, Lindsey and Lisa
watching the parade.

THERE IS ANOTHER NEW POST BELOW
THIS ONE.


ALL MY LOVE TO ALL


11 comments:

Betsy Brock said...

Wow...so many lovely things to look at! sounds like a wonderful trip! Love all that beautiful old hand done woodworking, too...so pretty!

Bob & Marilee Neff said...

Oh, I love Salt Lake City, Too...Thanks for sharing such beautiful photos...We need to make a trip ourselves!!
We tried your strawberry salad with the pretzel crust and it's now a family favorite..thanks so much for all your good recipes..and for your cute blog...you make me smile!!
Marilee

Barbara F. said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time, so many lovely things to see and photo ops all over the place! xo

Michael & Lindsey said...

Looks like a fun little stay-cation! I can't remember the last time I've been to Salt Lake, looks like you guys had a great time! Love ya :)

Julie said...

Such GRAND places...wow. what a neat vacation you must have had. It's all beautiful, and thanks for sharing it with all of us! This might be the only way I ever get to see all these sights!! {{hugs}} to you Julie. :-)

Kerin said...

What fun!
Aren't we lucky, to have so many beautiful places to visit, in our wonderful state?!!

(You went North, and we went South.
We went to Cedar City, and Saint George :))

No matter where you go in Utah... it's always a treat :)

Thanks for sharing your fun trip with us!!

Saimi said...

Oh my Gosh girl, you sure know how to pack in four days of FUN!! Everything looks so wonderful glad you all had a GREAT time!

Unknown said...

So love the tour but most of all the historic pictures tied into your share, Julie. But then you know me & old pics. What a magnificent trip to enjoy ... surrounded by beauty. One day we will get back there for another visit ... think we've been there at least 3 times. Marvelous beauty throughout your state. My best memory is the beauty coming down out of the mountains & looking upon Salt Lake ... very emotional sight. God created such breathtaking sights in our wonderful country to enjoy.

Have a great week ~
TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

Leslie said...

What a fantastic trip Julie!! Salt lake looks amazing!! I love the pic of sofia and grandpa.. so cute!!!

wendy said...

Looks like you had a great time. I got to see the New City Creek mall and thought it was just Beautiful!!!
so many fun things to do in that area eh.

RoeH said...

As much as I love City Creek Mall, I really do miss the old downtown. It was so much fun. And I miss the Mormon Handicraft store. I don't care if it's in all the book stores. I want the whole store back. :) Salt Lake. You can't beat it.