Saturday, September 8, 2012

FAMILY, AND SOME GOODIES....

Darling Ella and Sophia wearing some cute little
vests given to them by their aunt Lisa L. They
are pretty happy about all the lip glosses too!


Some pillows and some baby things that I have been making.
We are due to get another grand child in November! Our
daughter Lindsey is going to have a little boy!


Claire spending some "huggie time" with her grandpa Ron.

So cute!


We have had a ton of rain, all of a sudden it will get all
black and rain like crazy, then it is all beautiful again.


My cat Sage, as you can see, she lets me shave her! She
loves it and then goes to sunbath herself on the rug!


Looking out my window, clear as a bell after a ton of rain.


Megan, all ready to go inside and see the new
Brigham City (Mormon) Temple. She got all dressed up in her
lovely white dress, everyone told her how pretty she looked.


The new Brigham City Temple... Anyone
can go inside and tour it before it is dedicated. We
went with our son Darin and his family. It is so very
beautiful inside too.

My great great grandfather, Jeppa Hans Jeppson, was in
charge of this beautiful tabernacle being built in the 1800's.
His Swiss handwork is in the carved wood inside, it is so
beautiful!


The temple and the tabernacle face each other and it is
such a beautiful sight! I am pretty sure that my grandfather
is very happy about this new temple.


Ron and Julie enjoying the day at the temple.


Darin and his family...


We so love the holy temples.
We serve in the Manti Temple each week and it
truly blesses our lives. I love going and feeling so close
to the Lord and his sacred works and ways.


~Now a few recipes for Fall~
PUMPKIN DOUGHNUT DROPS

Heat 3 to 4 inches of oil to 375' in a deep fat fryer or heavy saucepan.

Combine: 1 1/2 C. flour... 1/3 C. sugar...2 tsp. baking powder...1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cinnamon...1/4 tsp ginger...1/4 tsp nutmeg. Blend together well.

Combine: 1/2 C. canned pumpkin...1/4 C. milk...2 T. oil...1 tsp. Vanilla...1 egg.
Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Drop by teaspoonfuls into hot
oil, 5 or 6 at a time. Fry for 1 to 2 minutes on each side til golden brown. Drain
on a paper towel.... Roll warm doughnuts in cinnamon & sugar.


CARROT CAKE BARS

Pre-heat oven to 350' and grease a 15x10 1" pan


Combine: 1 package Yellow cake mix...1/4 C. milk...
1/2 C oil...1 tsp Vanilla...2 tsp. ginger...2 eggs...Beat to combine.

Stir in: 1 C. finely grated carrots...1/2 C golden raisins & nuts...
Pour into pan and spread out. Bake for 22 minutes...cool.

FROSTING
Combine: 4 oz. softened cream cheese
1/4 C. softened butter...1/2 tsp vanilla.
Cream together...add2 to 3 C. Powdered
sugar...beat...frost...nuts on top!


TAFFY APPLE PIZZA

Shape one 18oz. Sugar cookie dough into a ball and
place it in the center of a large pizza baking stone. Roll dough
out to a 14" circle about 1/4" thick. Bake at 350' for 16-18 min.
Cool and loosen the cookie from the stone.

Combine: one 8oz. softened, cream cheese...1/2 C brown sugar
1/4 C. peanut butter...1/2 tsp Vanilla, mix well.Spread onto cookie.

Peel, core and slice 2 Medium Granny Smith apples, arrange evenly
on top of cream cheese.

Microwave: 1/4 C. Caramel topping for 30 seconds and then drizzle it
evenly over the apples. Sprinkle chopped peanuts on top and a bit of
cinnamon. Cut into wedges and enjoy!


Our pretty MaKayla and her new school hair cut.


Oh my, how did Caleb go from that baby duck-haired
baby to such a handsome pre-school boy?!


One more shot of Claire...I think she is grandma's
girl with that chocolate covered finger in her mouth!

Life is passing by way too fast...but
Life is good, so good, because of FAMILY.


ALL MY LOVE TO ALL



19 comments:

Unknown said...

The children are as gorgeous as ever, Julie. Love the chocolate sucking fingers licking good cake cutie.

You now have how many kid-lings? Congrats on the new blue baby due soon. This has to b very exciting for you.

The tabernacle is gorgeous. Enjoyed learning about your g'pa's handiwork in the temple. Can you share pics of this?

Your valley (?) is just beautiful.

Go take a peek at my Miss M on the blog for yesterday ... I just had her professional pics for age 1 & am dying to get them back.

I have the durndest time remembering the name of your blog to view ... I have to figure out how to save it so I can just do a 'click' & not exert my brain (chuckle).

Have a lovely week.
TTFN ~
Hugs & love,
Marydon

Betsy Brock said...

Aw, what sweet pictures! The kids always are fun to see!

Your temples are lovely. Really. Now why can't baptists build lovely churches like that? haha. We are fortunate enough to worship in a church that is lovely, but it's an old one that was originally Methodist. Traditionally, we aren't know for gorgeous buildings. :)

All of those desserts look yummy! Can't wait to try those carrot bars especially! :)

Kerin said...

Beautiful pictures.
Isn't it wonderful, a new temple?!!

Years ago, my grandparents lived right on main street in B.C. , and just a few block to the N. of the new temple.

They would have been so thrilled, I'm certain :)

Delicious looking recipes, and you have some darling grands to share all those goodies with!!

Enjoy the remainder of the weekend.

*smile
K.

Debby said...

Just love seeing your beautiful grandchildren. And congrats on another new one.
The temples are beautiful.
YOu have such a wonderful family.
It's just the best being a grandma for sure.

RoeH said...

I just love the old Tabernacle. I lived in Brigham City once when they had stake conference's in that building. Last time I was in BC I spent a lot of time in there just taking pictures and taking all that history in. That was a year or maybe more ago - Moroni hadn't even 'landed' yet on the Temple. Wish I was there to go through it. Since my dad died, I doubt I'll be making many more trips up that way.

Saimi said...

Always love your blog posts! I can't get enough of your darling Grandchildren, they are so beautiful..I can say that about Caleb can't I...Or at least he's a handsome young lad!

Great recipes!! Thanks for sharing your family!

Anonymous said...

Hi pretty Julie! Oh, look at all the grands! How they're growing and I'm just amazed at little Claire's big beautiful eyes and her hair. My daughter's hair stood up just like that! I would work with it and spray it down when we'd go out and in about 30 minutes it began to pop back up. Makes me giggle.
Lovely family Julie! Any luck on the selling of your house by your mountain?
Be a sweetie,
shelia ;)

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

So fun stopping by to catch up with you and that precious family of yours :) The little ones are getting bigger and just as cute as ever!

janis said...

awe Julie~ your family pictures always give me smiles! You catch the best shots! I love that Darrin's son is sticking his tongue out... such a boy! And all your grands are just so stinking cute!
Your new Temple is very Grand! Proud you should be especially that your Grandfather had his handiwork in the beautiful older Temple.
I have been away too long and must start visiting more often. i forgot how much you can make me smile.
Love & Hugs~
janis

C'est moi Claudette said...

Aw, Julie, Claire is after my chocolate heart too : )
Ok grandma, an Taffy Apple Pizza??? OMG
Megan looks soooo proud in her pretty white dress. It's a big occasion for all of you.
YOU SHAVE YOUR CAT??? WOW, I wish I could do that to MAMA cat. Not sure she would let me. Would be so much cooler in the summer though.
Your view still makes my heart fluter. HOW STUNNING.
LOVE the girls in their Aunty Lisa's pressies. And who doesn't like a little lip gloss???? I know I do.
Have a sweet week my friend.
xoxoxoxo

MarySue said...

Oh my... pumpkin donut drops,my be dangerous. You are such the baker!!!

Unknown said...

Wow Julie! So much goodness packed into this post! You have helped me make up my mind to go up to the Brigham City open house this week! That tabernacle is absolutely gorgeous too!

I am wishing we had much more rain here ... your view is incredible! xoxox

Julie said...

Here's one of your overflowing posts...the kind I love. filled with cherubs, creatures, to-die-for recipes!!, activities, your latest crafts, and your faith. Always like getting caught up with you. Thanks for sharing to let us know what is going on. :-) Pretty pillows!!! xo

wendy said...

wow...I love the scenery from you house. That would be so beautiful to look at each day.
My DIL and her fam. went to the Brigahm City open house also. What a pretty temple that is.
And...I don't know If I ever told you, that my sister and her husband are temple workers at the Cardston Alberta Temple.
The Calgary temple open house is Sept. and Oct....and I am having my brother get tickets for me and hubby to go with them to the open house.

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hi Julie,
Those temples are amazing...I would love to tour one! Maybe someday I will get there.
Your grands are always so fun to see! Love the little girls in their vests, too cute!
And your pillows and blankets are wonderful!! You need to trot each one of those out on your blog or fb because they are gorgeous!
And that cat...oh my, our cat would have been up a tree hiding from me! hehe.
Hugs friend,
Cindy

Unknown said...

You are the best Grand-ma! This post breaths la joie de vivre!
Love ya!

Cindy said...

Such lovely children, Julie. You are truly blessed. Your recipes sound amazing.
Hugs, Cindy

Gloria said...

Hi Julie,

CUTE...Cute...cute!!! :) Looks like some happy moments shared!

I am kind of at a stand still with my blog for awhile. I guess I have met my upload quota!! I didn't realize that my Picasa web album was connected with BLOGGER. Oh well!

I am off first thing in the morning to fly out to visit family (in Utah). Going to meet my sister out there. My parents both need our help with many recent health issues. Prayers are always appreciated..:)

Happy Friday to you, and your sweet family!
xoxo...Gloria

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

It looks like you are busy with beautiful grandchildren as usual. It is a calling that you were certainly meant for! They are all beautiful.

I love the pillows you did! Gorgeous!
You are so talented!