Wednesday, January 2, 2013

ZIPPING RIGHT ALONG......



I think Sophia loves her new baby
brother Jonah, we do too!


Two of our cute grand daughters, Natalie and Brickelle,
sweet sisters!


Our cute daughter Jennifer with her husband Brian and kids,
Gavin and Hannah, out to see a movie and get dinner.
Christmas break is awesome!


You know me, I always have some darling grands to share...
Ella, Claire and Caleb on Christmas Eve in their new
Christmas jammies.


Sweet Caleb and Ella share a hug, such darlings.


Tiffany and Isaac are their cute kids spending an evening in
St. George on the beautifully decorated grounds with the
temple in the back ground.


Two little dollies...Claire and Ella with their Christmas
dolls, such cute little mommies!


Ella and Caleb believe...Claire, she just want to leave!


Our handsome great grandson Tracen


Corey and Melanie and their cute little gals
Cloe and Emry.


MaKayla, having a great Christmas!



Jonah is getting so BIG! What a good mommy he has! :)


Sophia got a bike and for 2 years old, she is such a fantastic rider!


Sophia came to spend the night with us at our
St. George home, she had to try on my new boots!
Pretty cute little cowgirl too.


It's been cold here in St. George, these two love to lay on our
bed in the warm sunshine.


OK....ZIPPING RIGHT ALONG...WANT TO COME WITH ME?
Yes, that is me, crazy huh? But oh so fun!!!


In St. George, there are two 50 foot metal towers set up and a long
Zip line in between. I decided that I wanted to go ride the zip line
one day...so I did! Here I am signing my life away!!!


After climbing to the top, I started to wonder if I was crazy...
did I really think I could do it?


The guy strapped me in...I think my knees were shaking, or was it the tower!?!


"Are you SURE this will hold me? Am I too heavy? What if.....


It took a minute to get up the courage.....3...2...1....JUMP!!!
OFF???? Oh crap, here I goooooooooooooo!!!!!



OH MY GOSH...THIS IS AWESOME!!!

I went flying so fast, when I got to the other tower, I was going so fast, I started to wonder...
how am I going to stop? Well, they slowed me down, and I landed gracefully onto the tower.

I wanted to go again! I was so thrilled at how much fun it was! I just know that being raised
on a farm and spending most of my days up in trees and swinging from the rafters of our
big old red barn was still in me! I could have stayed and done it over and over, what a thrill.

My kids think I am crazy, and I am, I keep telling them, that is what makes a mom fun!
Maybe I will be one of those crazy old ladies that jump out of an airplane someday, I
think that would be awesome!


Our daughter Jennifer with her 2 kids, Gavin and Hannah.


Gavin's band concert, we had such a fun night together.


I have so enjoyed being at our St. George home for Christmas and New Years ...we had a few fun
dates and enjoyed movies, concerts, eating out and just looking at all the beautiful Christmas
decorations all over town, it's been so much fun!


In our St. George home I have just a few pieces of our oldest furniture...
But it was fun to decorate the house up a little bit.


This was my "elf on the shelf"...a darling old
elf that I found at a thrift shop. My little grand
daughter said that his eyebrows looked just
like grandpa's! LOL


Well, the NEW YEAR starts off great here...
Looking forward to this year, hoping the
miracle and blessing we are waiting for
will come and our house will sell.

May all our hearts desires come true
in 2013.... Love to all.



21 comments:

wendy said...

That was a great post...and Yes you are CRAZY. I don't think I would have had the nerve to do the zip line. I am a scardy cat. (yes, I said cat..teehee)
I KNOW those kinds of things are probably a blast....but I am Chicken.
Wonderful Christmas pictures of the grandkids.
HOW did I miss the fact that you have a Great grandchild. That is pretty amazing,
I hope and pray your other house will sell soon also so you and hubby can move on with your hearts desires.
In the mean time....Zip along sweety

janis said...

Oh Ms Julie! The Grands are so gorgeous! All smiles & excited! I knew we would see some pictures of these sweet peas. BUT then you surprised us with a side of you I would never have guessed! Zip Lines? Oh Goodness Girl! You are one BRAVE COOKIE!!! How exhilarating. I think I will stay here on the ground but good for you Darling! Looks like a very Blessed Christmas indeed♥

Kerin said...

Looks like all the grands had a wonderful and blessed Christmas season.
Such cutie-pies!

Whoa... riding the zip line... how cool!
What an adventure!!

Hope that you sell your home too, and that you are able to spend your time in St. G. ; where your heart is.

NanaDiana said...

Julie- What a great post. I loved seeing all the pictures of the kids and I am glad that you are loving your new home. Did your old place ever sell? I'm not sure how far you are from there.

Those Christmas pictures are darling...and.....I LOVE that you did that zip line thing- From one crazy Mom/Grandmom to another- Happy New Year- xo Diana

Betsy Brock said...

Oh so fun! And you are brave! Great pictures of you zipping along!

Eileen said...

Looks like your Christmas was a wonderful one. You are very blessed to be surrounded by your family.

As I said on Facebook...you are one brave women! It looks like fun for someone other than me! :0)

Wishing you and yours a happy, healthy and blessed new year!

Unknown said...

Ooo crap! is an understatement, Julie. You are a kick! & far braver than I. The kid-lings are adorable, as always ... & growing so quickly. Time flies! Thought you had sold the house, but i see not yet. Hope it goes quickly for you, it is such a beauty.

I accidentally erased you from my followers if you would be so kind to go put yourself back on my blog. TY

Have a wonderful new year, many joys & lots of love.

TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

That is just the coolest thing Julie!
And you look like a natural at it.
I would love to try it, just the starting part would be hard.
Love all the grandbaby/kids pics. That new baby boy, what a doll!
And little Claire with Santa...oh what a classic. It sounds to me like you found your perfect home for now.
Hugs friend,
Cindy

Unknown said...

What a fun and cute post. I think I would be scared with the zip line then again I think it's good to do things you are not used to. Some adventure!!
Bisous
Isabelle

MarySue said...

Good for you going on that zip line. I think that would really be fun. Happy new year blogfriend

Janet said...

It sure looks like you had a wonderful Christmas with all your grandkids! You are so brave Julie! I've been on zip lines before, but never one that high!

Simple Home said...

Wonderful photos of your family Julie! I love that you did the zip line too. There's one at the camp my son works at, and the kids love it, but I've never had the guts to try myself, and it isn't nearly as high as the one you did!
Blessings to you and your family in 2013!
Marcia

CB said...

Have I been away from the blog world that long??? Sophia seems so grown up already and I remember when she was born!!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE that you went Zip-Lining. I'm pretty sure we need to have a blogger get-away in St. George and ALL do that with you!!

Cindy said...

Hi Julie,
I always enjoy seeing your beautiful grands and your children, too.
What a wild ride you went on! I am such a chicken, when we were in the Black Hills last year I had the chance to go on a small one and I wouldn't do it. I love to have fun, but I guess I won't be one of those crazy old ladies, I'll be a "safe" one. I like to keep my feet on the ground. :)
Love and hugs, Cindy

C'est moi Claudette said...

I'd zip line in a flash.. well maybe not right now with this back of mine, but I would. Good for you. A rokin' grandma. That's what keeps us young right Julie? and of course your sweet babies. They are all darling. Every single one of them, oh and the fur babies on your bed. xoxoxoxo

Leslie said...

Wonderful pictures!!! I was just sating that I wish there was a zip line near Baltimore. - I would do it in a flash!!! It is so cool that you got to do it!!! Happy new year!!!!

Michael & Lindsey said...

You are pretty crazy mom! Glad to see you are still full of adventure! Love ya :)

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

You are BRAVE Julie!!! Wow, so proud of you!!!! Cute pics of you and your growing grandchildren! Love ya, Maryjane

retrorevival.biz said...

Happy New Year, Julie! Your grandbabies are all so beautiful, and I really think Brickelle looks like your "mini me!" The ziplining looks like great fun:)

MarySue said...

Where are you blog friend? I hope you and yours are okay. MarySue from snickerdoodles

NanaDiana said...

Julie-I tried to comment on the pictures of your brother, Orv, but see the comments were disabled. I can tell he was a wonderful brother. I want you to know that I know how you feel. I just lost my only brother to cancer last month. He had cancer less than a week-a very fast moving one with less than 1% chance of recovery. I know he is with God but I sure miss him here on Earth- xo Diana