Friday, April 27, 2012

MY 3 WEEKS IN ST. GEORGE...(Part 3)

I had been working so hard on our little house and just
wearing myself out, so my daughter Lindsey along with
her Sophia came down to have me take a break and just
go and play! We went to the park that is 2 blocks from
our home and we had lots of fun! Here, Sophia is blowing
us kisses from her horse.


She had fun playing in the water part of the park...


She found a little friend to play with...it was fun to watch.


Getting a bit wet! Pretty fun on a hot day!


I rode with her...yee-hawing all the way! Yes, I know,
I am a wild and crazy grandma! ;)


There are beautiful statues all over this town...
Sophia just fit in this saddle perfectly!

Lindsey riding around and around...she felt a bit sick
by the time she got off!


We went to a big toy store there by the park, right on main
street. Sophia had so much fun there.


When we got back home, the Welcoming committee was
there to greet us! Our dogs and Lindsey's two. Did you
notice? Cougar got his summer hair cut!


After a nap for Sophia, we walked over to the temple,
It is just 3 blocks from our house. The grounds are so
full of flowers, it was just amazing!


Lindsey and Sophia


This picture was back at the toy store, she found
a pink chair that she liked!


Lindsey took this picture of the side/front of the
temple, I really like it! Beautiful to see our flag proudly
waving...long may she wave.


In the visitors center there on the temple grounds, there
is always art work being displayed, I love that.

These were two of the pictures...


Sophia loved the statue of Jesus Christ so much!


This is me and Sophia...she wanted to go up to the
door and knock on it, and she did too. She
said that she wanted to talk to Jesus!

We had a fun on our "give grandma a break day,"
and I needed to go play!

If you are still around, there is one more post,
Part 4 coming up next.

LOVE,
JULIE


3 comments:

Julie said...

Oh Julie...it is all so wonderful. Like a little Bedford Falls right there in Utah. "It's a Wonderful Life" movie going on right there in real life. ;-) Thanks for sharing the beauty in pics with us. I just knew that somewhere in these posts would be one of your grands on that Carousel. :-) And those flowers and the Cathedral....and I'm with Sophie. I love the statue of Christ too. The words Come unto me all you who are weary and heavy laden and I WILL give you REST...come immediately to my mind when I see Him standing there...arms wide open. Yes. He will be so when we arrive to Heaven's gates too. I just know it. a sweet thought ...
and YES! I did notice Cougar's new cut! ;-) What a fine and dandy welcoming committee to come home to ANY day. Love it. Love you too!! ENJOYED!!!!!! xoxoxo (hug)

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Oh darlin' I just had to stop here on my journey through your trip and comment on that precious Sophia standin' at the feet of Jesus....priceless!!!

Ok...off to part 4.........

Sydney said...

This is my kind of day off. xo