Friday, April 27, 2012

MY 3 WEEKS IN ST. GEORGE...(Part 4)

OH MY...the flowers in St. George are so so beautiful. Every
morning as I went for a walk, I was "FILLED" with peace and
happiness and great joy and gratitude that we are so blessed to
have a little cottage home here in this historic place. I was also
filled up with the Heavenly scent of flowers of every kind.


At almost every home there are flowers...my favorite was
the roses! That scent to me is the most beautiful in all the
world, right there next to the smell of a new baby! I just
could not get enough!!!


Roses of every color...


and softness...


At the temple grounds, 3 blocks from our house, there are
hundreds of roses...Heaven for sure!


Is there anything as beautiful?


I don't think so!


I wish I could live right there in the middle of the roses!
Oh wait...I do!


More beauty than my mind and heart can take in!


That smell...how do you describe it? I can't!


The gates are surrounded and lined with roses.


And is there anything more lovely than a rose filled
with morning rain?


You can sit under this gazebo, surrounded by roses
and just imagine you are in Heaven because you
almost are!



SO beautiful...
and I just have an older digital camera!


This big bush of yellow honeysuckle on the temple
grounds is so strong with sweet scent, it stopped
me right in my tracks!


All over town each yard is beautiful, I even thought this was nice.


This old pioneer home in a block from ours, love it.


More flowers...everywhere flowers!


A lot of the older and bigger trees around town have big
leaf ivy growing up their trucks, love that. This one is
right across the street from us.


See the neat view from my kitchen window of the old
Victorian home across the street, I love looking at it.

Well, I got 3 coats of high gloss paint on all the cabinets, we
still need to add knobs and handles, next time. I found the
cutest ever material that I will make valances for the two
kitchen windows. It has a white back ground with red cherries
and little black polka dots and I will add a red ruffle.
I think it will be so cute!


We painted most of the house a light brown, hung some
lace panels and got new blinds, it's looking much better.


The kitchen area is a darker brown and we are adding crown
molding through out the house and maybe bead board half
way up here. When our house sells here, we will do more to
this little cottage home. As I painted her, I just felt that she
really appreciated the love...me too!


As I left for home, I had a heavy heart...I did not want to
leave here! I have fallen so in love with St. George. I knew
I would, but I didn't know that I would love it this much.

I drove over and parked by the temple and said a pray...
I know you know what I was asking for...a buyer for our
home, so that we can come here permanently. We want to
go forward together, serving the Lord and we feel so very
blessed that HE guided us to this little home. I am holding
on to FAITH... that the righteous desires of our hearts will
be fulfilled for us.


I want to serve here...grow old here, preparing for
Eternity as we serve the Lord together. With lots
of tears I head back home, planning my next trip
down to warm, sweet St. George, with more work
yet to do on the house and more fun to have too.


I left this in my kitchen window...along with my heart.

Thanks for those of you who stuck with me and my
4 posts in a row. I thought I might as well get it all out
there, rather than making you come back and come back!

If I disappear again, you will know where I am right? LOL

Remember to click on as a follower of this blog, THANKS!


ALL MY LOVE TO YOU TO EACH OF YOU

10 comments:

C'est moi Claudette said...

Oh Julie. That was the best tour of your heart.
I can feel how much you love St. George. Your house is already a home. You have that magic touch.
I do hope you sell your mountain home. I think God want's you close to his home now.
Enjoy every step of the way. And I'm glad you got to play. Your welcome home commity looks like my yard with all those wagging tails.
I can't wait to see more, and BTW, I also think that sweet picket fence would have doubled the property value. You have a good eye.
Now kick up your tired feet for awhile ok?
Love you.
xoxoxoxoxo

Bob & Marilee Neff said...

Just plain love it all!!!...thanks for sharing..

Marilee

MarySue said...

I was thrilled to go on this journey with you. It's delightful to see your charming cottage and all your hard, hard work. What a delightful location so close to one of our beautiful temples. I'm so very happy for you.

RoeH said...

I love it! All of it.

Julie said...

Oh it would be so hard to leave I am sure...Your heart is already making the move, It's a good thing!! :-) I know that all will be done in The Heavenly Father's GOOD timing. It is hard to wait for things in life...but all the while I know.... It is not the arrival to the destination that we have been longing for that is the most important part. It is the journey there that God is doing all the work in us and those all around us as the circumstances ripple out to touch them too. God is good...ALL the time. I LOVE the roses...oh I do. want some here. Thank you for letting us peek in to your life Julie. loved it and again...love you. Have a wonderful "journey" as you wait until you get to your new nest. Shall you have your Marine man carry you across the threshold when that happens?? !!! ;-) After being apart for a year in the move from NC to Iowa...that is exactly what my man did. lol. It's all good. HUGS and HUGS.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Oh Miss Julie, thanks for lettin' us tag along with ya. What an incredible tour it was too.

Your fab pictures sure tell the story and show how much ya love St. George!

God bless ya sweetie and have a fantastic day!!!

Sydney said...

What a blessing to have such strong and loving feelings for such a historical, beautiful and charming place. I think you have found "heaven on earth". And, dearly loving all the pictures of the flowers. I could almost smell them. xo

Gypsy Heart said...

Just gorgeous! I can feel the love that you already have for this area and for the house. God always works in His perfect timing, not ours. :) I'd say just be ready to hook em' and go 'cause it will happen just that fast.

xo
Pat

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie. I've loved reading your four posts and am so glad you're in love with St. George. I will say a prayer your house will sell and y'all can get on with your life in SG. The flowers are so gorgeous!
Take care of yourself.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Gloria said...

SOOOOO pretty, Julie! Thanks for sharing...:)

xoxo...Gloria