Monday, June 4, 2012

HEAVEN TO ME....

When I was a young girl, I used to wish, hope and dream
that when I was old and a grandma, that I would always be
surrounded by my children and grand children, that would
truly be heaven to me. It seems that my dream has come true.


Beautiful sweet baby Claire has just turned
nine months old...love her sweet angelic face!

Melts your heart huh?!


A face just begging for kisses!

Oh, what a JOY she is to all.


Well, school is out and that spells... P L A Y T I M E.

Love our Brody...and he has a birthday this week too!
Nothing as fun as a bare foot boy!

I took some of our grands up to Fish Lake this past week.
We had so much fun walking the lake trail. Natalie here
is a brave girl, as soon as we got to a stream, her shoes
came off and she went wading.

And what has she got here? I am telling you,
she has magic fingers! She can walk up to any
animal and before it knows it, it has been caught
in her web of love!

Yup, she caught a big rainbow trout with just
her hands! As soon as I got the picture, she let
it go and away it went just a swishing it's tail
down the stream!


Oh oh...it was after the fish swam off that we found
this sign!!! Ssh....don't tell anyone!


We love the old Fish lake lodge, it's just opening again for
this summer, it is a favorite place to go for us every summer.

Nothing better for kids than to get outside...take the shoes off
and go playing with each other and a grandma!


Lots of little streams along this trail...love the
big OLD pine tree.

Brody loved having grandma take his picture!

Ahhh, a summer day, nothing like it!


Cool Mr. Kelton sitting on a rock!

~Natalie, Brickelle, Brody and Kelton~

That old Cougar loved stealing sticks...and getting in
the picture! Big beautiful Fish lake in the back ground.


Nothing as classic as boys...and sticks...and water...and a dog.


All of us squeezing into the picture.

Rock-a-bye babies...in some HUGE rockers at the lodge.

I bought them some lunch and we had fun with a little
game that we had been playing all day.

I would yell...FREEZE...and whatever they were doing had
to stop/freeze until I would say... THAW! We had some
great laughs all day with that simple little game!



Yes...grandma wants another picture!!!


Dropping them off home, they had to show me the new
baby kittens...aren't they cute?! Yes, the kittens too...
and they each have a home already, as soon as mama kitty
is ready to let them go.


We had a bit of scary...there was a huge rain
storm that passed over our home. It was full
of thunder and lightning and a ton of rain.


The lightning stuck really close to our house, just
as I was turning on the computer. All of a sudden...
"POP" and the computer went dead! Then,
the smoke detectors all started screaming!

It blew out the card in our modem and blew one
of the smoke detectors, which made all of them go off!
It took awhile to get it all figured out, meanwhile I nearly
went deaf!!!


Then a BIG double rainbow came and sat right over our house.
I think it was an apology to the damage done! As long as I have
lived here, I have never seen such a rainbow, it was gorgeous!



Then there was total calm, like there had been no storm at all.
Mother nature is SO amazing!


I think Samantha slept through the whole thing...
"What happened you guys?"


This is the first house we bought here in the county, it is owned
by someone else now...look what happened to it in this big storm!
The tree went right through the roof!


Now that would be a rude awakening!


Well, guess where I am off to for a few days...
You are right! St. George! See you when I get back!

If you haven't yet...sign in to follow my blog here.


ALL MY LOVE TO ALL

19 comments:

Cindy said...

Hello dear Julie,
Your baby Claire grows more beautiful each time I see her photo. What a darling baby girl.
Your grandchildren must think you are the best grandma in the world, to take them to a beautiful lodge, what a special time you must have had with them. Our grands are such a blessing, I thank the Lord for mine.
Love and hugs, Cindy

Michael & Lindsey said...

Cute pictures of the grand kids. Glad you got to spend the day with them. Love ya!

Unknown said...

That lightning was so scary! I love ur family! xo

Julie said...

Glad everybody is okay...**nice to have a rainbow after the fury of it all!....and what a fun place you have to take your grands...I know they love you. back to the wonderful town of St. George (Mayberry USA) ;-) know you will be having a wonderful time. Hugs Julie!! xoxoxo

Leslie said...

Looks like a great day with Cougar and the grands.
A double rainbow .. gorgeous.
Sorry about the scary and damage to your computer. : (
Have fun in St George.

Debby said...

What a fun time for your beautiful grandchildren to get to spend with their grandma. Love the pictures of them at the lake. Glad things are running again after that storm. Scary.
Have fun in St. George.

Betsy Brock said...

Oh, cute photos! So funny about catching the fish and then seeing the sign! oops! haha.

had to laugh at those baby kittens...looks just like tiger, marmalade, whiskers and mustache! :)

Unknown said...

Oh,my! 9 mns already ... they grow too quickly julie. She's is just adorable ... but then ALL your gr-kid-lings are.

Have a good time in St. George.

Your rainbows are aesome!!! We had tornadoes in our town 2 days ago ... the storm gave us 4 3/4 in of rain & kncoked out one of my favorite trees, the dogwood. Sniff!

Hugs,
TTFN ~
Marydon

GIVEAWAY ends 6/5

NanaDiana said...

Hi Julie- I was able to get in this time. I love all your sweet "babies" because no matter how old they get they will always be babies to you.

I smiled through the whole post- I loe that you have so much love to give to those grandkids of yours. I know they feel loved and are blessed by it- xo Diana

ps. I have a brand new baby grandson, too!

Tanna said...

Oh, Julie... you are so blessed with your wonderful family!! And you are beautiful surrounded by some of your loves!! They are a piece of heaven. blessings and hugs ~ tanna

Patty Patterson said...

Beautiful pictures. It looks like you are enjoying life! And your gand children are adorable!

wendy said...

That raindbow was spectacular for sure. What a fun day you had with the grands. Great picture of you all at the top.
Whenever there is a thunderstorm here, hubby unplugs all our computers.

Lois Christensen said...

The photos are absolutely beautiful! Too bad about the storm! Sounds horrible! Hope your day was great!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Julie! I'm totally in love with little baby Claire! What a little dumpling! Your other grands are beautiful too.
Sounds like a very scary storm! So much damage can happen so quickly!
Glad you're safe.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

Hi Julie! Catching up! Everyone looks happy and having such fun!!!!

Gloria said...

Dear Julie,

That trip with your grands did look like PURE heaven!! What a joy!

You and your daughters are SO beautiful, and so are all of your grandchildren!

That rainbow is amazing. I have never seen anything like that. What a gift to have been able to view it!

xoxo...Gloria

Kerin said...

Julie..
What fun to spend the day with the grands, and at Fishlake no less... awesome!!

What a storm you all had.
We've had crazy weather here too.
Ahhh.... I guess that's what you get for living in Utah :)

Have a wonderful time at your sunny little cottage!!

Smiles :)
Kerin

Sydney said...

Just heavenly. My dream is the same as yours...surrounded by my family and little grand children. They are so precious and bring so much joy into our lives. Looks like dreams do come true--ha! xo

janis said...

Truly Precious Blessings from God. You are Blessed with a wonderful loving family♥ Those Grands are truly grand :)