Monday, June 18, 2012

~LIFE...IS SO GOOD~

I got to St. George the other night just in time for this.

People and their dogs and families, all gathered together...

Eating, laughing, prizes being given away...

It was the weekly "movie at the park!"

Me and my 2 little dogs settled down to watch....

The newest "Narnia" movie. It was so much fun to sit there
with a warm soft breeze, smelling flowers in the air, and
enjoying an outdoor movie at the park!

The big D light up on the mountainside...D is for Dixie.
That is what St. George was called in the early days, because
it was warm there and the pioneers could grow cotton.


I always enjoy my days in St. George, one of my favorite
things to do is go shopping at the Desert Industries. It's
a big thrift store and they have many of them. Prices are
awesome too, I just bought the cutest entry table for only
$30.00 I'll show you a picture of it next post.

I went to a patriotic concert at the old tabernacle, it was
so good! This choir is called..Heritage Choir..when we get
fully moved there, I would love to sing with them.

They honored a couple of veterans this night, the younger
man here is headed out for his 6Th time, it was very special.

O, America you're calling, I can hear you calling me;
You are calling me to be true to thee, True to thee...I will be.

O, America I hear you, From your prairies to the sea,
From your mountains grand, and all through this land,
You are beautiful to me.

And...O, America you're calling, I can hear you calling me;
You are calling me to be true to thee, True to thee...I will be.

O, America you're calling....I will ever answer thee.


Everyone coming out of the Tabernacle after
the concert. I can't even begin to tell you how
wonderful it was...chills and tears all the way through!


I have to always go to the temple when I am in St. George.
Just stepping onto the grounds brings instant peace.

I so enjoy the flowers there...

They are beyond beautiful.

Our little Sophia came for a visit, I got to
tend her for a bit, never long enough for me,
but we sure had fun!

She brings such JOY to my heart! I don't know
what anyone would do without grands!

It was about 100 degrees, so we ate lots of these!


The little birds love to eat at my feeder...

That makes me happy. I could watch them all day!


I got to go on a picnic with Ella...

And this sweet little baby Claire...

She is such a good baby! So fun to play with
and always so sweet.

Ella and Caleb showing me their tricks!

Claire likes the little mouse I brought her I think!

This is "Sprinkles"...she belongs to Caleb, Ella and Claire.
She is a sweetie too, such cute eyes!

And then Caleb wanted me to take a picture of his eyes too!


What an imagination Caleb has...He and I had
so much fun telling each other stories! I told him
one about some trolls, after I got done he said; "that's
a good one grandma!" And then he would tell me one
kind of like mine but WAY longer! He glued it together
with..."then guess what happened?!" And then he would
go on and on! I loved every moment of his stories too.


Want some of this? It is SO easy and SO good!

"VERY BERRY COBBLER"


Spray a 9x13 pan with Pam
Pre-heat oven to 350*

Lay 2 (12-16 oz.) bags of frozen mixed berries in pan.
Sprinkle 1 box of white or yellow cake mix (no pudding)
Pour 1 cup or (12 oz. diet 7-up or clear soda over cake mix.
Don't stir. Bake for 55-60 minutes (Last 15 min. sprinkle a
handful of chopped pecans and a handful of white chocolate
chips over the top) Take out and serve hot with vanilla ice cream
or cool a bit and serve with whipped cream on top!
*****

I couldn't remember if I had shared this. This our daughter
Tiffany and her husband at the policeman's ball.


Our grand daughter Megan has always looked
like this...so cute! Now she looks like this...

She went from a little girl to a young lady! So pretty!


Our grands Hannah and her brother Gavin.


This is Sophia at story time at their local library. Such cute
little lambs!

Our son in law Isaac is the T-Ball coach for
his little boy Caleb's team...so sweet!


And our other little grandson Brody...with his T-Ball team.
Brody is on your left on top with his cute head cocked sideways.


YES...
IT CERTAINLY IS.

I hope your summer is flowing along nicely too.
Life is good for sure because God is so good to us!

If you don't see hide nor hair of me
for a bit, you know where I am! ;)

(If you haven't yet, sign in as a follower)

WITH ALL MY LOVE TO ALL

29 comments:

Barbara F. said...

It is always great to see a new post and to keep up with your growing family. The kiddies are getting so big and are as precious as ever. St. George looks like a wonderful place to visit sometime. xo

Cindy said...

You have such darling, beautiful grands, Julie. You were born to be a grandmother!
Your recipe looks good, thank you for it.
Hugs, Cindy

Julie said...

Yay...good to hear from your neck of the woods! It looks all fun as usual, but I know there's still lots of work going on to get yourself moved bit by bit. I'm glad you are still taking time to enjoy LIFE while you do the necessary stuff. Can't give up moments with those grands...NO WAY! HUGS to you Julie!! :-) xoxo

Saimi said...

Ah Julie, I enjoyed every aspect of your lovely post! Thanks for sharing your family, I mean, WOW, what a blessed Grandma you are, so many darling Grandkids! Definitely a lucky lady for sure!

Eileen said...

Movies in the park look like so much fun! I have always loved that small hometown feel.

You know how I love flowers and those flowers at the temple are beautiful! They are so bright and cheery.

As always, your grandchildren are adorable! What a blessing for you to be able to travel to your new house and be so close to them now.

Happy Summer!!! xxoo

Unknown said...

Hubby keeps suggesting movie in the park. I hope to bump into you there sometime. Love all your pics. as always, such sweet faces. St. George is beautiful. Hugs, jen

Deb said...

Glad life is going well, Julie. A Movie in the Park sounds fun. I'd go. Love all the family photos and welcome little Sprinkles. Have a wonderful summer, Julie. Hugs, Deb

Debby said...

So many cute photos of those darlings grandchildren and children. Shows the fun of summer in those pics. You must love it in St. George. Such a quaint place to live. Our village is like that as well. Enjoy your summer.

Betsy Brock said...

How fun! Your summer is just moving right along!

Have to tell you that I got a new washer finally...the same one you got and recommended to me. I love it. :)

Unknown said...

What a delightful event on the lawn ... & with your pets. The grounds of the temple are gorgeous.

How sweet the lamb photo, but then all of the children are darling & photograph beautifully. Always appreciate your sharing the kid-lings with us, Julie.

The dessert looks yummy & going into my file, treat hubby when he gets back from trip.

TTFN ~
Have a lovely day ~
Hugs,
Marydon

Janet said...

The Very Berry Cobbler looks delicious and seems like it would be a lot of fun to make!
Blessings,
Janet

Unknown said...

Hi Julie,
I finally got over to catch up!
I love seeing all the pics and hearing what your up to.
All of your grands are so cute, and that little Sophia just makes me smile.
It seems like your right where you should be right now and that is truly a wonderful thing!
Hugs friend,
Cindy

Leslie said...

I love the idea of small town life ~ it looks sooo nice in St Goerge.
The grands are all so cute! I look forward to the day when I have more little people to love.
The berry cobler dish looks great ~ perfect for a hot summer day.

How is the wild fire? I was thinking about you.. and hoping that all was good.

Have a great new week.

janis said...

yes Julie... Life is good♥

Patty Patterson said...

Yes, life is good! And you certainly have plenty of little blessings to remind you of that. Your grand children are just beautiful! I love it that you're getting to spend some time with them.

C'est moi Claudette said...

It's been a year now since I've watched a movie outside on the lawn. That was amazing... and honouring your vet's, that makes me smile.
You SING??? WOW go for it gf. How wonderful. You and Jeanne... can't keep you down ; )
OK Miss Megan did go in as a little girl... and came out a little lady WOW!!!!
Life is good for sure Julie, and for me.
I love you
xoxoxoxoxoxox

wendy said...

ohhhhh, such fun fun things in this post. When actually will be you moved into your new home??
St. George is so lovely....gets a little too HOT in the summer, but I could totally live there.
The music in the tabernacle must have been awesome, I totally think you need to be able to sing there once you are settled.
I WILL be trying that cake/cobbler. Perfect.
Claire's eyes kill me every time I see them !!!!!!!!!!!

Kerin said...

I have to agree....life is good!!
How very, very blessed we are.

Love that D.I. , and oh boy can they pack the people in there!!
I was amazed at how many people shop there.
Looking forward to seeing your new find :)

Keep cool, and keep enjoying summer and time with your grands.

{{hugs}}
Kerin

Sydney said...

What a wonderful summer. Such blessings and goodness. xoxo

Lois Christensen said...

What beautiful pictures! Looks like you had a great time out and about with your community! I've seen that recipe before on Pinterest and I'm glad to hear a great review! Going to try it soon! Enjoy your day!

Sharon said...

I always enjoy seeing your beautiful photos.
Your grands are getting so big and they are all so adorable,and I better add handsome for the young guys there. LOL
Have a nice day

Renée said...

Hi Julie,

I'm so glad you are enjoying summertime with your cute grands and time at your new place. Life is GOOD!

MarySue said...

Well you would add the "fancy"...I make that recipe too but my recipe didn't call for nuts and chocolate. What a fun addition. Thanks for the idea.

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie! I'm so glad you're enjoying your new life in 'Dixie'! :) It is such a fun family town! Your little grands are just adorable! ;)
Thanks for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
shelia ;)

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

The pictures are so darling. Everyone is beautiful. I can't believe those little grands are growing so fast!

Love the Temple grounds, just beautiful.

Looks like you have settled into St George just perfectly.

Love the Heritage choir. You should join!

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

SO BUSY Julie!! Love all the pics and such beautiful flowers in St. George!

retrorevival.biz said...

Agreed, life IS good, in face, amazingly great! Sounds like you're enjoying your summer, Julie, and THAT is a good thing:)

~Cindy

RoeH said...

I'm coming up to St. George on Thursday and probably Friday or part of it. You going to be in town?

Gloria said...

Life does look like it has been very good!! What joyous moments you have shared here...:)Your family and grands are beautiful!

I hope your July is just as fun!!

Blessings for a happy Summer to you.
xoxo...Gloria