Tuesday, July 10, 2012

HOORAY FOR THE 4TH OF JULY....

We were in St. George on the 4th of July. We went to the early
morning breakfast and the parade and all the festivities at the
park and the fireworks that night....FUN!


We were sitting right where the temple was the back ground
for all my pictures, loved that!


Camels? Well we do live in a desert and it was a nice hot day!


Waiting for the parade to start, yes he makes a good pillow!


Yay for the awesome fire fighters, they have had
so many fires to fight this summer in Utah!


HAPPY 4TH AMERICA...WE LOVE YOU!


I love all the old trucks...

and red cars!

I won 4 tickets to go see a play at Tuachan...so excited!


The thing about parades that I love the most? The kids!




This guy caught my attention...
or at least his bird did!!! Pretty cool.


On to the park where they had, can you guess?
A watermelon seed spitting contest, great fun!

The park was full of people and children...they had a
100 foot water slide going on the kids who LOVED it!



I found some darling material...

at a thrift store in the form of Mini-skirts, and since I don't
wear those, I thought I would make them into this....

Two little pillows for my front porch!
They turned out cute, love them!


Found this little one at a thrift store too...so cute!

Oh, and I found the grasses in the basket at that same
thrift store too! So cheap to get the porch looking cute!


Our little St. George Cottage...we are really loving it! Still
hoping and praying for a buyer for our main home so we can
get fully moved here.


The fire works were shorter this year but awesome!


Loved every minute of it!

The city had them being set off from 3 different places...
it was so beautiful over the temple too.


When we got home, I open the door to the back deck to find...


Mrs. Hen...she had taken over my basket of flowers on the back deck,
for her roost! She said that she was just guarding the place...sure!


We have had some gorgeous sunsets lately...

See...I told you...gorgeous!


Then on the weekend, our local town held a 4th of July
celebration. That is our little grandson Kelton sliding
across the canal.


This is my husbands brother Newell. He was in the parade because...

He is running for county commissioner...I love his old red beauty!
I hope he wins because he is a great guy who could do a lot for
this county!


Our grand daughter Ronnie is a cheerleader and they were
in the parade too.

Way to go cute Ronnie...she is the tiniest, so
guess who gets to be the one they throw in the air!


Loved this darling team of tiny horses...

We were parked right by the canal, I think that was Cougar 's
favorite part of the whole parade!

Well, that it from me...3 posts!
Hope you enjoyed them.

If you don't hear from me for awhile,
I know, that you know, where I have gone!

LOVE YOU ALL
JULIE



10 comments:

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Wonderful patriotic fun! I have NEVER been to a parade with camels :)

Julie said...

I went through ALL of the posts before leaving my comment!! So great to catch up with where you have been and what you were doing...I knew it was with family no matter what you were staying busy with... Congrats Grandmama!!! you have to get more grandbaby quivers to hold all your little arrows from your OWN arrows!!!!!! ;-)...Love your porch and the cute pillows you did..Very cheerful and patriotic too!! I see you have had fun thrifting. Glad your summer is going so grandly and I hope you are not having record breaking temps where you are...Hugs to you Julie and keep having fun and be safe...Prayers for the sale of your Home!!!!!!! xoxoxo

NanaDiana said...

What a wonderful 4th of July. It is just great that you can spend time with you family and have such hands on with the kids. By the way, I forgot to mention on my last comment that I am thrilled you are having a new grandson. Our son had a baby boy about a month ago. They waited/tried for a long time so we are all thrilled. xo Diana

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Ah Julie. I loved them all.
Family. Home.. Country. God.
Life doesn't get better

Eileen said...

Looks like wonderful family times, as usual! That is so cute how you made pillows out of those mini skirts. Great idea and they look so cute on your porch.

Congratulations on grand-baby #23! I am looking forward to getting grand-baby #3 around Christmas. I've been busy knitting hats and a crocheting a blanket.

I too love those old cars. They had such style!

Hope you continue to enjoy your summer! I'm sure you have many more fun times ahead. :0)

Renée said...

Looks like you are having the time of your life. I'm amazed at how fast your little babes are growing and congrats on the new little guy on the way!

C'est moi Claudette said...

23 grands Julie??? Wow congratulations. I looked at all your posts. LOVE LOVE LOVE all the sweet pics of your family.
Your Temple is stunning and so are your sunsets.
Your porch is looking so quiaint, and I actually loved those mini skirts.
You look beautiful even without makeup : )
Happy belated 4th my friend.
Love you
xoxoxoxoxo

Tanna said...

Congratulations on your 23rd, Julie!! How very exciting. Your grandbabies are so precious. Thank you so much for your kind words yesterday. You are a blessing to me. Thank you again. tanna

Kerin said...

Hi Julie..
I read through all your cute posts .
You have been so busy... but with all the right things~~~
Family, temple, home & country :)

Enjoy it all!!

Love those sweet little pillows that you made for your S.G front porch... so clever!

Smiles :)
Kerin

Leslie said...

Cougar!!! steals the show every time!!
The parade looks like it was a great time. I can't believe all of the fun things that happen in your town. Pretty awesome. The photo of you and Ron is too sweet, you should frame that one.

oh.. and great pillows! I'll be looking for mini skirts now. lol.