Thursday, September 3, 2009

MORE SUMMER...before Fall hits!

This is my favorite place to go for a hamburger..Slackers..it used to be a white wall kind of place but new owners came along and jazzed it all up, now it's all colorful and bright with lots of cute little signs all over the walls (as you'll see below, these are some of them) and the food is SO good!

This is what I order..a Slackers chicken special..the flavor is divine!













This is my little Sage...she's very shy

Goodbye to the brief but beautiful flowers of summer

This pretty flower garden is tended by a sweet 85 year old woman who grew up in the log house behind the flowers. She for sure has a green thumb and a loving heart.

I love the huge sunflowers so much, when I see them I always think how they keep their little faces toward the sun and the shadows fall behind them...good reminder for me..keep my eyes on the SON, Jesus Christ, and the shadows will fall behind me too.

It's been a wet..tall grass summer..the crops have been plentiful

~Little Ella Mae Askeroth...summer's sweetest gift~

Just a few more Summer pictures before Fall is here to stay! It's been a very fun summer, lots to do, lots going on in our family. It's been the shortest summer I've ever seen...spring was mostly winter right up until summer got here. Then it seemed like we had about 3 weeks of hot..then all of a sudden I see patches of fall leaves up on the mountain and the temps. are cooler.
I do look forward to the changing of the seasons, I would hate to live where it was the same all the time. I LOVE the holidays, and fall seems to usher them all in, one after another. So..goodbye summer, thanks for the wonderful change from that wintery/spring...I enjoyed every minute of you..see you next summer!

3 comments:

The Askeroth Family said...

I'm so excited for Fall! It is my favorite season too. I can't wait to have some pumpkin cookies and hot chocolate. :)

The Kent Family in Kenai said...

The leaves are starting to turn here a little bit too. Oh so soon! Where did summer go? I liked what you said about keeping your eyes on the SON and the shadows will fall behind you! :) That is a neat analogy.

Julie Harward said...

Well Tiff, I'm bringing pumpkin cookies for the barbq. at Corey's tonight, must have read your mind!
And Thanks Mollie..me too :D