Sunday, March 24, 2013

FEATHERING OUR COTTAGE NEST....




WELCOME...come see what I have been up to.


All birdies are indeed welcome...


I am having fun with the Vintage look, adding it here
and there. Little spots of vintage color and items.



I have always loved these colors, it's been fun
to add it into this cottage home.


This little stove sits inside the front door, I didn't
like it at first but am getting used to it. I think I
want to turn it diagonally and add a mantle over 
the top of it all.


It is kind of cute.


So....TA DA! Here is the couch and love seat that I snagged
for only $350.00, total. I bought colored pillows separately.
What do you think? Good buy? (I am still smiling!)


Mr. Bo likes them...They have that slipcover look but they
are not just slipcovers. I love the design and look of them.


They are poly/silk, when I found them, they looked really
good, I checked them all over and they are in perfect shape.


They are just the "cottage look" that I was so hoping to find. I
 went to a furniture store, comparing prices etc. the guy there told
me to not let these get sold before I got to them. I made a beeline
for the thrift store and bought them on the spot!



I added this picture into the room...I am so loving these colors!


I also found this awesome coffee table to go with them.
I love the quality of it, it is a beautiful antique, heavy, detailed
wood with a marble top that has veins of creams and caramels 
running through it. It is so lovely and was only $90.00.



I found the pillows at TJ Maxx and I love them too!


I wanted to find a rug for under the coffee table, this one
was just the right size for this room and I can wash and dry it!


I LOVE the softness of it under my toes!


Then...I found this old blue door upstairs in the attic....


Brought it down and stood it up in the corner...


Tied a white ribbon in the empty door knob hole...


Stood back....I liked it, a lot!


I am so loving everything about this front room, how the sun
comes in the lace drapes and fills the room with warmth and
light every morning. I love to cuddle up in here and read, or nap!



I set these little pretties in the coffee table...


And tucked this little angel under glass. I 
found her at a thrift store too, love it.



I added this new fluffy shower curtain, 
and I am loving it too.


Placed these little angels in that same bathroom.


I just love angels...

as you can see.



Our sweet son in Michael, came and added some
  bead board to the kitchen. He worked hard each night after
he had worked all day. 
One of these days, I will have my bar stools and also
our dining room table here, but for now, until that house
sells, we will be using this.



I really love the bead board so much!


Here you can see the width of the walls in this house.
the front of the house was built in 1937 and the back,
the kitchen area and master bed room in 1997.


Bead board really made a nice change.


One of these days, I will have our 4 poster bed
here too, that will look nice.

I like the height of the bead board too, just perfect!

I bought a little old channie for the dining room area, I 
think it fits the age of the house pretty well It was only
$30.00 and the nice man even came and hung it for me!


I added a little bit of bling...it's pretty day or night.


Then I bought this one for our master bedroom...love it!
It was not from a thrift store, but the same nice man hung this
one for me too!

I think it will look nice with our 4 poster bed,
when it gets here.

Well, that is a bit of what I have been up too...
hope you like it too. 
 *****
~LOVE TO ALL~







9 comments:

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Ok wow Julie, wow, wow~
Of course you know I am a cottage lover and you have done a fantastic, beautiful job decorating your's on a budget too.
Love the couch, loveseat.
Love the coffee table.
Love all the cute details!
Great job,
Cindy

Bob & Marilee Neff said...

Fabulous!!! so fun to catch up on things going on!! The cottage is charming and the grands are darling...Isn't it so fun?
Happy day to you..
Marilee

MarySue said...

What a lot of wonderful home decor, so welcoming and inviting. You've really found some wonderful, thrifties. Wishing you well.

wendy said...

OH WOW...this was so fun to have this little tour of your cottage. Everything looks beautiful. I can see "you" in all of it. That couch is really nice, what a great find.

Unknown said...

Oh, Julie ... your decor is fabulous! I love LOVE the sofas, where ever did you find them? The details for your shower curtain are excellent ... all the bling is perfect & romantic.

So enjoy your decorating, it is such fun.

TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

Eileen said...

I love what you have done to your little cottage, Julie. It is warm, cozy and looks very inviting. I know you will make some new and wonderful memories here just as you did in your other home. Enjoy your beautiful weather! Spring has arrived here also and like you, I am loving it!
Hugs! Eileen

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Julie! Your home is just lovely ~ so warm, inviting and pretty!

A joy seeing your dear grandchildren getting bigger, for sure.

Always a blessing to visit with you!

Betsy Brock said...

Oh, you did great! Super deals and everything looks just wonderful! I love beadboard, too...it's charming!
I can tell you're enjoying fixing up your sweet nest!

C'est moi Claudette said...

Just looked at ALL your sweet Easter pics, and your big birthday cake looked AMAZING. What a go with the watch... I LOVE it.
Now your sweet cottage is ADORABLE Julie, really and truly adorable. Makes me smile when I know you are there and you love it sooo much. I wish your big house would sell. Gosh darn : (
THe kids playing at the water park OMGOSH. They are the best looking grandkids I've ever seen. I mean it.
I'm sorry I haven't been around. I'm not on my desk top often and all my blogs are there that I used to go and see. I'm sorry, but glad you are on fb.
We will meet one day soon my dear friend. I just know it. And I think Ron and Randy would totally get along too. No brainer for you and me ; )
I love you sis... I like that.
xoxoxoxoxoxo