Thursday, October 8, 2009

~ART..and THE WAY IT MAKES ME FEEL~

This picture looks just like our little 2 year old grandson Caleb. One day as he and his parents were walking through a Desert Book Store, Caleb saw this picture. He stopped..stared at it for a fill minute, his mommie knelt down by him and said; "Do you like that picture?" He said; "Jesus and Cacub..walking!" He really thought it was him, it looks just like him and he has a red polo shirt and pants just like this.
Aren't children just so sweet...if we could only be more like them!

"I am a child of God, and he has sent me here, has given me an earthly home with parents kind and dear.
I am a child of God, and so my needs are great; help me to understand his words before it grow too late.
I am a child of God. rich blessings are in store; if I but learn to do his will, I'll live with him once more.
Lead me, guide me, walk beside me, help me find the way. teach me all that i must do to live with him someday. (Naomi Randall)

This reminds me of my brothers fishing all the day long, before they had to grow up and help with milking the cows and farming the crops. We now have a golden just like this..our 6th one over the years of raisung our family.

~I love New Yorkies~
This little girl reminds me of the barefoot days of youth when nothing mattered except the here and now, when the cares of the world were years away, and joy came from the simplest of things.

~Cream and Sugar~
Bringing back warm memories of tea parties with friends, the tinkling of the cups and silver spoons with yummy cakes on a splendid afternoon.

~Don't Forget to Pray~
Thank the Lord for all our blessings, ask him for the help you need, and the comfort and strength you need. Ask him to help you choose the right...and because he loves you, He'll listen to what you say, because prayers are heard and answered. So, before you climb into bed, don't forget to pray!

~Denim and Lace~
This reminds me of a couple of my daughters...rough and tough little tomboy's who grew up to be beautiful woman with a softer side now shinning through bright and sweet.

A baby is God's way of saying... That the world should go on.

~Daddy's Little Girl~
It's not too far off when another will take her from my arm,
Giving her a different name, and so I ask, "Please keep her safe from harm."
Someday she'll be a woman, with her very own future to unfurl,
But in my heart, I'll hold her close; forever Daddy's little girl.

~Dress Rehearsal~
"Every soul resonates with a music uniquely their own"

~Confidant~
It's so nice to have a friend who listens to every word you say, who keeps your trusted secrets never to reveal. A friend like this is such a treasure especially when they are real!

~Delicate Balance~
Many of my childhood memories are of our homes front porch. Carefree Summer days..putting plays on and singing to the top of our lungs..to the pine trees. The porch a symbol of the security of home and family, where wisdom passed from one generation to the next.

~One Man's Trash is Another Man's Treasure~
Where adults think leaves are a bother...children think leaves are pure fun! A mountain of leaves large enough and soft enough to catch them as they jump from the tree.

~Melodies Remembered~
How I remember my Dad gathering us all around the old up-right piano..he could play anything by ear and had such a beautiful bass voice. He taught us to sing and I love singing even now.

~Side by Side~

Bathed and fed and ready for bed, with giggles and whispers to confide.
Flannel-wrapped and satin -trimmed, to keep them nice and cozy,
With shiny hair so clean and fresh, their skin glows soft and rosy.
Sharing a favorite book. until both become sleepy-eyed,
Near or apart, within each heart, best friends forever, side by side.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Precious In His Sight~
Under his watchful eye, a tiny sprout becomes a flower... a cocoon a butterfly..a babe in the manger the Prince of Peace.These miracles bring wonderment to our hearts, reminding us of an eternal truth~that all things are precious in his sight.

~Heavenly Hands~
"Please keep us safe in such hostile lands," Then came the warm touch of Heavenly Hands.
All that we go through and all that we need. Surely Heaven is with us, if we'll only give heed.

~He Is Risen~
I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are REAL.
On that first Easter morning, the Risen Lord Himself reassured a sad and questioning Mary Magdalene that He is real and that, yes, He lives!

~O Jerusalem~
How often would I have gathered you together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings..Matt. 23:37 In him is always hope and comfort, "Lo, I am with you alway" Matt. 28:20
He watches still from yet a higher vantage point, ready to extend his protective wing to all who seek after him.

~Be Not Afraid~
Like children who have lost their way we sometimes wander...stumbling along our way..we cry for help, is there anyone who can hear us? He is there to lead us home..he knows the way, his feet are sure, and in him we find safe passage.

"Lost No More "
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.(John 10:27)
If we seek him and follow in his path, we will find him and there enjoy contentment and safety.

Little children seem to have an inborn goodness; a simple faith, a natural desire to be taught and to walk in his light.
"Teach me to walk in the light of his love..Teach me to pray to my father above..
Teach me to know of the things that are right..teach me, teach me to walk in the light."



Greg said that to paint the Savoir is at the very least intimidating, because we each have our own image in our minds of what he looked like. Greg's intent is, to help us remember him.


~He is the way..the truth and the light~

I hope you have enjoyed these few moments of beauty and thought. I hope you felt uplifted and comforted. I hope these beautiful pieces of art remind you of where we all can find strength and comfort, and that it will help to reaffirm what is really important in our lives. These paintings are done by an artist by the name of Greg Olsen...he resides in Idaho. I love his work and have some of it in my home . Some of the thoughts in this post are mine and the poetry is his as well as the beautiful art work. You can find his work at a Desert book Store..he is on facebook and has a blog. You can find him on my blog list. This is just some of his work, he does everything, a very talented man, and wonderful father.

We are all so "Precious in His Sight"... every one of us. I'm so thankful for Heavenly Father and for Jesus Christ, my sweet elder brother, my personal Savoir and my Redeemer. This is what I believe... They take care of me...leading me and guiding me, walking beside me, showing me, and helping me find the way. I always want to be right with them, I want to be like them, do as they would do. I
I KNOW they are REAL.... they created this beautiful earth for me and I love it and enjoy it everyday. I want to be with them again.. one sweet day.

30 comments:

Muthering Heights said...

You chose some beautiful pieces for this post!

Brenda @Just a Bed of Roses said...

I love your testimony and personal thoughts on these beautiful paintings...I love all of them. The one walking on the railing, well, I don't think that has ever crossed my mind to do.

Thanks for taking the time to post such a beautiful blog today, I will think of those pictures too for peace and comfort.
Your a beautiful person.

Sandy said...

Julie, That was an absolutely beautiful and precious post. I loved it so much. I have many of Greg Olsen's pictures in my home as well. Thank you so very much for commenting on my blog. I can tell how special that you are! I am so grateful that we can share our love of the gospel and our families. So glad to have a new friend! I live in Huntsville, Alabama on six acres out in the country. But it's getting built up out here with many subdivisions popping up. Have a great weekend!

koralee said...

Thank you so much for sharing these lovely paintings...just looking at them gave me such a peace and filled my heart. Thank goodness everyday we can live our life filled with such comfort and peace because of our Heavenly Father! Your post was amazing today...thank you!

Marie said...

I just love the work of Greg Olson, an also Liz Lemon Swindle. Their pieces really touch my heart. This was a beautiful post. xxoo

PamperingBeki said...

How sweet!! Very pretty.

Beth at Aunties said...

I too love all of Greg's work and enjoyed your beautiful testimony.:)
I believe Caleb was remembering. we too have had those sweet occasions.
I buy his calendars every year for my holder and use his pictures in so many ways to bless our lives.
I love his pieces hanging in our home!
Thanks for a beautiful post. I am so glad you started to blog.

A "cheery" disposition said...

they seem so life like.

Michael & Lindsey said...

Cool post. I also love all of these paintings. Wish I could paint like that.

Phyllis AROUND THE HOUSE said...

How beautiful your pictures are. I loved looking at them. They are a beautiful collection. So happy to have new people like me join in, I am a new follower of yours, come visit me...

Cindy-Stitches-N-Stuff said...

What beautiful pictures and sentiments. I could feel you gratitude and testimony of our Fathers love and goodness.

Thank you for sharing

cindy@stitches

kristeen said...

Every art work you show I love each one and they tell a story--- art work can surely move the heart! Thanks for sharing---- and by the way I was married in the Manti Temple where you are serving-- blessed u.... Kristeen(The Gough Inn).. My web site is down for a while There is a much needed rest... But I'll be back!

Brenda said...

Thank you for sharing! I love Greg Olson's artwork! What a great post!I also have some of his artwork displayed in my home! I also love his calenders!It's wonderful to make new friends who share the share joys in live! I agree with sweet BETH-- "I am so glad you started to blog"!
Have a great weekend!
Love, Brenda

Mimi Sue said...

Lovely post, beautiful art. I agree with Beth and Brenda, so glad you have a blog to inspire and uplift us. Mimi

Regina said...

What a wonderful post. Thanks for sharing.

Karyn Bernard (French Charming) said...

Hi Julie,

Thank you for this lovely post! Such beautiful images and I loved the part about Caleb and you're right...we should all be a little more like children!

Thank you for sharing yourself and your testimony and most of all for the time and effort you put into all of your posts. It is always such a pleasure to visit with you!

Big Hugs,
Karyn

Maryjane - The Beehive Cottage said...

Beautiful post Julie. It is touching, sweet and shows how much you love the Lord! Thank you!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs,
Maryjane

Shelia said...

Hi Julie! Oh what beautiful pictures, especially the ones of our dear Jesus - full of love and compassion for his children.
Thank you so much for your prayers for my daughter.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

debi said...

What a beautiful post Julie! I enjoyed the lovely pictures and your sweet, inspiring words.
The story of Caleb and Jesus is just precious!

Connie from Big Bear Lake California said...

Beautiful art!! I always love my visits to your blog. Thanks for stopping by. Hugs, Connie

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

You are just the sweetest thing... what an amazing post and I love these pieces! I'd never seen his work. I love what you posted for each painting.

Blessings,
LMM

koralee said...

Just me again...wanting to thank you for your lovely comments on my post and all the items you are thankful for...xoxoxox

KathyB. said...

I have admired Greg Olsen's art before, he has a real ability to capture the essence of children and animals, doesn't he? Each of us can relate to at least one of his childhood paintings, but I also love the way he has the Savior interacting with the day to day world, as indeed He does!

Eggs In My Pocket / Yesteryear Embroideries said...

I just loved each and every word you used to describe each lovely picture. Many of them brought back the same kind of memories. I just love the story of the first picture with your little one thinking it was he and Jesus. How sweet! Loved your message in this post...so touching! blessings,Kathleen

paperbird said...

These are some of my favorite pics- my daughter has one in her bedroom. You have a lovely blog.

Michele and Todd said...

Thanks for sharing the story of Caleb. That little boy is so wonderful. I have the picture of the two sisters at the piano, and others in my home. I love Greg Olson's work. Todd had the priviledge of meeting him many years ago. It would be wonderful to be able to make money at doing something like crating beautiful inspiring artwork for people to enjoy.

BECCA said...

26 comments WOW, look at what a blogger you have grown up to be :)
It seems as if you just started this thing.
Loved the pics....

Dolly said...

Good morning Miss Utah,
Those pictures are wonderful!
I love art...... it has such stories to tell!
Many of your pictures remind me of parts of my life!
Thank you for an uplifting post.

Thank you for signing up for my give away!
Good Luck
Hugz
Dolly

GWENDOLYN said...

Such beautiful paintings. I love pictures of our Lord, even though we don't know what he really looks like.... It is what the paintings represent. I think your blog is wonderful and am going to link from my page to yours....
Blessings!
Gwen

cottage feel said...

thank you for sharing recipes and the wonderful photo's - thank God your grandson is okay after hidding under that fake rock - my son asked mom what would you have done if i did that - i said keep loving you - after everything is said and done - love provails -

love ya, maria - cottage feel-
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox