Saturday, October 17, 2009

For this beautiful Sunday, I just wanted to say how very wonderful each and every daughter of God is. Women down through the ages have blessed individuals as well as generations. I'm so thankful for Eve for one... the mother of all living. Women hold a special place in our Heavenly fathers plan for the eternal happiness of his children. I hope all of you wonderful women out there never underestimate your power to influence those around you for good, especially your precious children.
It is so important for us to stand strong for all that is good..it must begin in our own homes.
There is a saying that big gates move on small hinges. Our example in seemingly small things will make a big difference in in the lives of young people. the way we dress, the way we talk, if we pray,the way you live everyday will make the difference. Even the TV show we choose to watch, our music and how we use the internet.
Our potential for good is so great and our gifts so diverse, we find ourselves in many roles simultaneously, some working..some homemaking...some trying so hard to do both, all trying their best to raise their children to turn out wonderful.
You are the real builders of nations wherever you live, because strong homes of love and peace will bring security to any nation.
Don't feel guilty or dwell on thoughts of failure..don't compare yourself with others. Just do the best you can, and the Lord will provide the rest. Have faith and confidence in him, and you will see miracles happen in your life. You have so much good in you, wherever you have been planted on this beautiful but troubled earth of ours, you can be the one to "succor the weak, lift up the hands which hang down, and strengthen the feeble knees."
The Lord loves you..he knows you..he hears and answers your prayers wherever on this world you may be. He wants and will help you succeed in this life and in eternity.
"What greater gift dost thou bestow,
What greater goodness can we know
Than Christ-like friends, whose gentle ways
Strengthen our faith, enrich our days.
(Karen L. Davidson)
As we all busily blog, I hope we are not afraid to just be ourselves. Not copy this blog or that blog, I think that is what is SO wonderful..each giving from our own hearts and everyone gaining because of it. We each have so much to give...I have so loved meeting so many wonderful women all over this world. I feel like, you truly are my sisters, and one day as we sit down in Heaven together....We will know and love each other. You have brought tears to my eyes, made me laugh out loud, made me just love you. Thank you for sharing yourself with me, continue to be "who you are"...for thats who I want to know and glean from. You make me a better me..thank you.
The errand of angels is given to women;
And this is a gift that as sisters we claim:
To do whatsoever is gentle and human,
To cheer and to bless in humanity's name.
(Emily H. Woodmansee)
I just love everyone of you and thank you for your sweet and kind friendship given to me. Have a wonderful week...be who you are, that is enough...Love Julie :D

32 comments:

Sandra said...

I just found your blog and became a follower from Arizona.

The Askeroth Family said...

This reminds me of a talk I heard recently. I really like it. Thanks mother. ;)

Brenda said...

Will you adopt me?

Michele and Todd said...

You are a great blogger, but I so like what you said about being ourselves so much. I also love the sisterhood from Relief Society and the blogging world. You are one of my favorite persons in the world you know. We should get together more often. If not in person, I guess just from blogs and facebook and the fact we share some wonderful children and grandchildren. Thankyou for this beautiful post!

Marie said...

Beautiful post Julie! I devoured each word. I just try to be the best me that I can be. I think that's all we can do! I have gotten your message and will get cracking on them! Take care, God Bless and Happy Sunday!! xxoo

The Kent Family in Kenai said...

If there was ever a post I wanted to copy this is it! I love you Aunt Julie your the best!! :)

Sandy said...

We are of worth, of infinite worth! Another beautiful blog Julie. That's the way I feel as well. I know as sisters, friends and family that we will be together throughout the eternites.
This is my new blog site. Have a wonderful Sabbath.

Lorilee said...

Julie,
That is such a beautiful and inspiring post!
Blessings,
Lorilee

Wendy McDonagh-Valentine said...

Thank you for this post, Julie. Your words are wonderful and truly spoken from the heart. God bless. :)

~ Wendy
http://Crickleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

Brenda @Just a Bed of Roses said...

A beautiful reminder to be our own unique selves. To value and share who we are and always remember what an influence we have on each other.

We have good and bad moments even days or months thats for sure...that's why we need to inspire and uplift when we can do so.

Lovely post Julie! Have a beautiful week. (and don't get locked out, lol!)

GWENDOLYN said...

Dear Julie,
Wonderful blessing words from a wonderful person. I am so happy to be getting to know you. I love this and would like to post a link to it, if that is ok, share it with more people.
Blessings!
Gwen

Vicki said...

Hi, Julie,
Such a beautiful post with so many wonderful nuggets of wisdom to dwell upon. You are a wise woman, and I am so glad I have had the opportunity to get to know you! Blessings to you, dear friend! Vicki

koralee said...

Lovely post...your words are so meaningful today. I am blessed to think you are a friend of mine...xooxoxoxo

Karyn Bernard (French Charming) said...

Fantastic post! I just adore you and what a beautiful message...I soaked up every word! Thank you for sharing this. We need to remember how very special we all are and embrace our strengths and not dwell on the failures

Hugs and Love to you Sweet Friend!

Thank you so much for your lovely comment.

kristeen said...

O my goodness -- Yes, indeed a wonderful thoughtful post-- I am sharing it with my only daughter and two of my deaf daughter inlaws. They two need to be reminded just how wonderful they all are! Thanks for sharing your thoughts! Kristeen kandgough@gmail.com

maria cecilia said...

Thank you so much Julie, you have moved me to tears, so precious thoughts!!!
I´m so grateful to have a friend in you.
Many hugs
MarĂ­a Cecilia

Mimi Sue said...

Thanks for the reminder. I think as I get older I find it easier to be myself. And to appreciate and be grateful for my differences. Just a lovely post for a wonderful sabbath day. Truly your sister, Mimi.

Susan (Between Naps on the Porch) said...

Great message for this Sunday, Julie. :-) Hope you have a wonderful week!
Susan

Eggs In My Pocket / Yesteryear Embroideries said...

What an inspirational and uplifting message! I just love all you wrote and so agree! Just lovely. blessings,Kathleen

paperbird said...

What a beautiful post. That is one of my favorite quotes.
The pumpkin pancakes look so wonderful- i am going to make them for my family this next weekend- maybe the popcorn too!!!

Rebecca @ Belle Blog said...

HI Julie. I love this post. It is truly from your heart. They are wonderful words.
You are right. Our children learn from what they see, as well as what we tell them. I am trying my best to raise my 3 boys as true gentlemen.
♥ Rebecca

Beth at Aunties said...

Julie,
This is so beautiful written and I loved it. You sure have a beautiful talent for writing and sharing your heart.
I feel so uplifted when I visit you and glean your goodness. I agree there are so many beautiful people in blog land and I have truly made friends of the heart, with many who bless my life. You are certainly one of the most special! Thanks for being YOU!
~♥

Farmgirl Paints said...

Hi Julie,
What a sweet post and lovely blog. I see we have a lot of the same "friends". Your farmhouse is just as beautiful as you said. Gorgeous header!! Have a blessed day:)

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Very nice post Julie. You have the gift for writing, so glad I have found your lovely blog. Cindy

Muthering Heights said...

Great post - I love the opening quote!

Shelia said...

Hi Julie! How did I miss your wonderful inspiring post! This is wonderful. Thank you for popping in to see me today! It is amazing how those scary faces would be put on churches.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Lissa said...

Yes! I agree! I hope we will all feel comfortable enough to just be ourselves on our blogs! And enjoy each other for who we are!

KathyB. said...

I love the saying in your picture, and it is so right! If only we could really grasp that God made each of us unique, not to emulate the current celebrity of the day, but to seek His ways for our lives, and to seek His wisdom in how to live our lives with what and whom we are blessed. Well said Julie.

Mercy Otis/The Stone House said...

Amen.
How can I possibly make any other comment on that beautiful post?
Thank you for your friendship!
♥ Mercy

Carol said...

"Be who you are. That is enough". I love that! Thanks for reminding me that I can be who I am. "Everyone else is taken". Thanks!!!

Farm Chick Paula said...

Wow... that was beautiful.

tara said...

perfect quote for a perfect post...thank you Julie! happy weekend to you!