Monday, April 5, 2010

~HE IS RISEN....HE IS REAL~



~He Sent His Son~

How could the Father tell the world of love and tenderness?
He sent His Son, a new born babe, with peace and holiness.

How could the Father show the world the pathway we should go?
He sent His Son to walk with men on earth, that we may know.

How could the Father tell the world of sacrifice, of death?
He sent His Son to die for us and rise with living breath.

What does the Father ask of us? What do the scriptures say?
Have faith, have hope, live like his Son, help others on their way.
What does he ask?...........Live like his Son.

Why seek ye the living
among the dead?
~He Is Risen~

Of all the commands ever given in the history of kings and generals and rulers, Pilate's command to keep the sepulchre sure was perhaps the most futile.

What chance did the sepulchre have of remaining sealed? In reality, there was no way for the soildiers to carry out that order as there was no way that the sepulchre would not open:

"Behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord descended from Heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door" (Matthew 28:2)

Because of the unsealing of that one sepulchre, all vaults, and tombs and sepulchres that have ever been sealed will open. Guaranteed.

The Rock of Our Salvation is our deliverer from death and from hell. He is "the resurrection, and the life" (John 11:25)

Because of Him "hell must deliver up its captive spirits, and the grave must deliver up its captive bodies, and the bodies and the spirits of men will be restored one to the other;
and it is by the power of the resurrection of the Holy One of Israel" (2 Nephi 9:12)




~Resurrection Rolls~

Cresant Rolls
melted butter
large marshmallows
cinnamon
sugar

Take one triangle....it represents the cloth Jesus was wrapped in.

Dip a 1/2 marshmallow in melted butter....it represents Jesus, and the oils of embalming.

Then dip the marshmallow in the cinnamon and sugar....this represents the spices used to anoint the body of Jesus.

Wrap the coated marshmallow tightly in the cresant roll, seal on all sides....this is like the wrapping of His body after death.

Put the wrapped 1/2 marshmallow in a cupcake paper and into the muffin tin.

Bake at 350* for 10-12 minutes.
The oven represents the tomb.

Take out...when rolls have cooled slightly, open the rolls (or cloth) and see that
Jesus is no longer there.....He is Risen...(the roll is puffed up but empty.)

A fun and good object lesson for our children or grand children of any age.
~~~~~~~

***If you missed the 2 recipes...."Baby Cakes"...And...."Carrot Cake"***
they are here below in the two previous posts.

I hope you are all having a wonderful Easter weekend...
I have been so filled this sacred weekend...sending out all my
love to each of you my friends.

43 comments:

Jenglamgirl said...

Thanks you for the message Julie, and the recipe... you are feeling not just our bellies but our souls to. Hugs, Loves, have a blessed Easter tomorrow. Jenn

Tracy said...

Thanks for your thoughts and recipe. Continue to feel better and enjoy Conference and Easter!

Muthering Heights said...

Happy Easter to you and your sweet family!!! :)

myletterstoemily said...

He IS risen!

sweet poem and inspiration.

Sandy said...

I love that picture.

Susan B said...

Have a wonderful Easter!

Jill said...

Wishing you and your entire family a blessed Easter!!!

HE IS RISEN INDEED!!

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

We make resurrection cookies!! Have a wonderful weekend,
LMM

Le Chateau des fleurs said...

I love all the recipes, thank you!
Great Conference...Happy Easter.
Love
Frenchy

Carol said...

Great post!!! I want to make the ressurection rolls for granson, Ethan next year. It's such a great way to teach the reason for Easter!!!

Blessings,
Carol

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

I am so thankful for Christ's love and His glorious resurrection!
Have a wonderful Easter.
Blessings,
Marcia

Connie said...

Thanks for the well wishes and love for Easter.
I hope you're feeling better!

Paula said...

Happy Easter Julie...I've been by a couple of times (saw your great recipes!) but my comments weren't able to post? maybe today?
so glad your back in the swing of things!
xo
paula:)

happeningswithLana said...

Julie love the post. Great recipe with the story!

happeningswithLana said...

Julie

Love your post. I have made that recipe before but I LOVE the story you have with it.

I know you go to my blog but look at today's posting.

Happy Easter to you and your family!

Cindy Geilmann said...

Hi my friend, what a beautiful poem, I'm going to have to copy it down. And those rolls and the story, how special.

Have a wonderful day.

cindy@stitches

Beth said...

Happy Easter!!!

Hope you are feeling better and back to your normal self!

Beth

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

Sending you joyful and happy blessings for a beautiful Easter! Enjoy your day with family!
Coralie

Garden of Egan said...

Beautiful thoughts.
Love the pictures.
Happy Easter to you.

Linda said...

Dear Julie, thank you for reminding us what this day is all about. I love the recipe and will keep this to use next year!

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

Happy Easter, I would love those rolls and your kitchen floor... thanks for visiting today.

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

Have a most wonderful Easter Sunday, Julie. Sending a big hug your way. xo

Karen said...

Happy Easter!! Thanks for stopping by on what is probably a busy day for you. Love the idea behind the Resurrection Rolls.Will have to try this recipe.
Hugs,
Karen
Ladybug Creek

Valerie said...

Happy Easter Julie. Have a wonderful weekend~ hope you are feeling better :)
I love Resureection Rolls but haven't made them for a while, thanks for the reminder.

The Gough Inn said...

Love the opening words to the song --Beautiful words! Nice idea on the resurrection rolls.. You are filled with ideas thanks for sharing..

Brenda said...

Happy Easter to you! I just have to tell you what a BIG hit your carrot cake was at our big family Easter get togehter! Everyone loved it and wanted to know where I got my recipe...I told them I got it from my good blogging friend Julie! THANKS so much for always sharing the best of everything! Hope you are feeling better!

Karen Deborah said...

Christ the Lord is Risen today!!! Amen sister, beautiful post, just beautiful. My heart is so full today. thanks for coming to see me.

becky said...

Oh what a great recipe Julie! I hope you had a wonderful Easter.I did and the weather was awesome.

I would love to try those rolls,I never heard of that before thanks a bunch for sharing.

Have a nice week ahead!

Shelia said...

Amen, Dear One, yes, He's real! Glad you had a blessed Easter. I've never heard of those rolls! They look so good.
Thanks for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Oh my sweet Julie I so love you for doing this post for all of us. What a blessing you are to me! I loved reading this and today I watched King Of Kings and as always it made me realize how God so loved us all that he gave us his son.
Thank you honey
Maggie

Ingrid DeVilliers said...

Amen Julie...He is risen and paid the price. What a wonderful thought to know that if we know Him we will soon be united with Him through eternity!

Jenny said...

Hi Julie, you always have such yummy recipes. Does your family know how lucky they are?

How are you feeling?

Hugs and Happy Easter evening to you.

Nana said...

Great post! It was a great Easter Weekend. Aren't we ALL blessed.

Mercy Otis/The Stone House said...

Hi Julie! Hope you are feeling better and better each day.
Happy Easter! It was a beautiful huh! We went to conference at the Conference Center! I always love that.
Enjoy your week
Mercy

Lia at Petite Little Bee said...

Beautiful post. Thank you so much. Jesus rising today for all of us after his supreme sacrafice is what Easter is all about and there is not a more joyous thing for us to celebrate!!!!! Lia

Julia said...

Blessed Easter to you and your family! Be well! :)

Miss Eve said...

Beautiful post!

Hope you having a fabulous Easter dear Julie!

Cheers: Evi

Kerin said...

Good Morning!
Conference was wonderful! I have been spiritually fed :)
Love the recipe, and it sounds like it would be a great object lesson.
I'll visit with you later.
Have a great day!

Vickie said...

Good morning Julie -

Just wanted to stop by to check in on you and see how you were feeling? I've had the same thing done, and I'm tellin' ya - after you get back to normal, you're going to love it!

Thanks for your prayers and well-wishes for my MIL. She's doing well, and the Dr. says she should make a full recovery. Only thing is - I sure hope she can learn to use a walker with her Alzheimers. That will be the hard part...

Have a wonderful week - good EAster post, I'll have to try your resurrection rolls!

Michelle said...

Hope you had a wonderful Easter!

Ji said...

May faith bring you love and security.
Happy Monday!

Darlene said...

What a beautiful post! Hope you are feeling better and better. It was a glorious Easter weekend here. The recipe sounds wonderful! Thanks for sharing.♥

skippinginthemeadow said...

you are such an inspiration

warm blessings xxx

sumea