Thursday, December 10, 2009

WAITING FOR CHRISTMAS....at our house~

I LOVE this book...I set it out every Christmas..it is filled with beautiful pictures, poetry and it has space to write down family traditions and favorite recipes and all that is dear to us at Christmas time. I read it every year...remembering the treasured years when our children were little kids.


I painted the ceramic Santa some 35 years ago...the grand kids love it filled with candy canes every year

~Our home and our hearts are filled with JOY at this time of the year~

Santa's on his way...I found this image in a Victoria magazine years ago..made a bunch of these to hang on the tree~

The tree is up and decorated..the days of waiting for Christmas are filled with Christmas music...the shopping is done..the baking is almost done and I even threw in making a baby quilt!




Waiting and ( keeping watch over his favorite toy)..for Christmas

Standing watch...waiting for Christmas

Me...dressed so warm, it was a wonder I didn't melt..(thanks Mom) .... sitting on Santa's lap and my family at Christmas..I'm sitting next to mama on the couch feeding my new doll...even back then Motherhood was deep in my heart!

He... IS... the reason for the season...don't forget

We're enjoying the warmth of the fire at night..watching Christmas movies


~Our stockings are hung and we're waiting for the snow~

This Nativity set (more not shown) I have had for a good 30 years..the stable has a music box and plays Silent Night...it is very loved at our house

I love snowmen...I think these two love each other because every Christmas they insist on sitting close to each other!


HO HO HO....Love the joy that Santa's bring into the home too


~I love angels year round but especially at Christmas time~

~This reminds me of Christmas's when I was little~

I heard a noise the other day over by the Christmas tree...I looked there a couple of times...then I looked up....there was my cat Pralean up in the very top of my Christmas tree!!! She must have been feeling the Christmas Spirit too~

" Christmas Everywhere "

Everywhere, everywhere, Christmas tonight!
Christmas in lands of the fir-tree and pine,
Christmas in lands of the palm-tree and vine,
Christmas where snow peaks stand solemn and white,
Christmas where cornfields stand sunny and bright.

Christmas where children are hopeful and gay,
Christmas where old men are patient and gray,
Christmas where peace, like a dove in his flight,
Broods o'ver brave men in the thick of the fight;
Everywhere, everywhere, Christmas tonight!

For the Christ-child who comes is the Master of all;
No palace too great, no cottage too small.
(Phillips Brooks)


"A couple of the grand children and Santa"


I'm just like a kid at Christmas time...oh, wait, it is Christmas time and I am a kid at heart... I hope you are too.
I remember, as a child, sitting in a chair coloring, listening to the Christmas music and looking at the lighted tree, listening to my Mom out in the kitchen, making goodies and singing along with the radio, and feeling SO full of joy at the coming of Christmas, I thought I would explode with happiness!

I hope all of you are feeling that same way..if you are not..drop everything..simplify..and
"Go Enjoy " this beautiful season right now!
It will be over before you can blink...enjoy it now!

30 comments:

The Garden of Egan said...

It is beautiful! I love the kitty picture! I have a soft spot for cats.
I think the mantle is fabulous.
Love your home.

Tracy said...

LOVE it all, especially the mantel!! Thanks for sharing!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

HI Julie,
This is a gorgeous post, I love your TREE, your santas, your snowmen and it sounds like you've been a very busy lady! Those grandkiddies are just adorable and I enjoyed seeing the pics of you sitting on Santa's lap as a little girl! Great Post my friend,and if I could I'de send you some of my snow! Hugs, Cindy

Shelia said...

Evening, Julie! Oh, I love all of your Christmas decorating! So many pretty things you have and you've displayed them just perfectly! Love that sweet little fuzzy face holding his baby. How funny to see your kitty up in the tree! I haven't had cats since I was a little girl so this is new to me! My mother would not let mine come inside! I think it's so funny! Thanks for coming to see my tour.
Be a sweetie and Merry Christmas,
Shelia ;)

Jenny S said...

I love the ceramic Santa. My mother in law has almost the same one and I have already told my sister's in law that it is mine when they down size the house!!

Angelena said...

You have some beautiful decorations! I just discovered your blog and have enjoyed "visiting" with you. I look forward to reading more of your blog in the future.

Love the Santa with the candy canes!!

Brenda @Just a Bed of Roses said...

Could you please wrap up Praline in a pretty christmas package and send her to me? I promise to take good care of her...I would keep a tree up all year for her to climb on top...how funny!
Love all your christmas...there is no relaxing after today for me. I did read The Christmas Sweater almost all of it today...its the best book and so tender. Should have been buying presents.
Glad to see your "waiting" post. It will be here soon. Oh, we get to see the Motab choir soon, that will be my hightlight for sure.

becky said...

Lovely decorations.I adore snowmen I collect them as well.

I had to laugh when you said about how bundled up you were same here how did we survive LOL.

Merry christmas to you and yourlovely family!

Muthering Heights said...

Your house looks so lovely and cheerful! I would LOVE to curl up by that fire!!

French-Kissed said...

Wow, Juile ~ Christmas is everywhere around your home. I am so far behind, I had better get decorating. Thanks for sharing all of these wonderful images, including the dog, the cat and those cute little grand babies! ~jermaine~

Sandy said...

very sweet!

Mimi Sue said...

Christmas decorations just make a home so cozy. Yours is beautiful. You're way ahead of me, I'm trying to catch up this week. Have a wonderful weekend. Mimi

Marie said...

Just loved this post Julie, all filled with your lovely Christmas memories and photos of your beautiful decorations! Can you believe I have not got one decoration up yet? I know!! What am I like!! I need to get cracking!

KathyB. said...

You are so right about the season being over in the blink of an eye!

Beautiful decorations, and I see you are talented at creating your own too. Your fireplace looks very inviting as a place to snuggle a loved one and watch Christmas movies.

The grandchildren are so cute too. Will you be having Christmas for your whole family in your home?

Dragonfly said...

Lovely pics - your little doggie is very cute! He looks just like my sweet little Patsy :-)
Christmas greetings!

Deb said...

Beautiful Christmas post Julie - love it all!

Anita said...

I'm glad you had a cat in your tree and not a squirrel...that would be just too surreal. Love your decorations and sweet words on making and enjoying memories, which is what families are all about.

Mercy Otis/The Stone House said...

HI Julie! I love your tree! I also loved the tree in your family picture. Huge, all tinsel covered! I enjoyed your Christmas memories too. My mom always made Christmas so Magical! Is it cold cold down your way? We are verrrrrrrrrrrrry cold here! Brrrrrrr. Our neighbors have a tiny new born calf in their field! About 4 months early for new calves to be born. I feel way sorry for the poor little guy.
I haven't gotten my tree up yet.......way not the norm for me. Too much is going on in my life! AHHHHHH I need to take your advice and "drop everything...simplify...and enjoy"!
Thanks for the uplift.
Enjoy your day.
Mercy

Marydon Ford said...

What a lovely decorated home presentation. Love the pooch, & peeking kit-kat ... the gr-kidlings are adorable.

Merry Christmas, TTFN ~ Marydon
new blog ~ blushingrosetoo.blogspot.com

Manuela@Pleasures of Homemaking said...

The kitty pictures just cracks me up! doggie is so sweet with his toy! Your house looks just lovely!

Manuela

Vicki said...

Hi, Julie,
Your home is looking ready for Christmas with all of your joyful decorations!! I know your children and grandchildren must love to come and spend Christmas with you! I loved seeing the picture of you as a little girl with Santa and with your family. Wishing a blessed Christmas season!! Vicki

koralee said...

Oh my friend...your home is so lovely...cozy and bright just like all Christmas homes should be. Sending you much love for a lovely weekend. xoxoxo

Connie said...

You have some great decorations! I especially love the older ones...very nostalgic. Good picture of your cat in the tree.
Looks like you're ready and you should have your wish for snow by now or perhaps this weekend.

Brenda said...

Thank you so very much for your kind words. They mean alot!

I can't believe your shopping is done! Your decorations are so lovely and love your cute grandkiddos...now THAT is the FUN part of Christmas!

Thanks again!

Beautiful pear tree lane said...

Hi Julie,
Such beautiful decorations, you sound just like me about Christmas. I love everything about it, Parlean is just so cute in the tree, and your beautiful nativity is adorable, I am so glad you have everything finished, and are able to enjoy it and your family. I finished my decorating last night, and our daughter and her family are coming in this week from Texas. I am so looking forward to baking and shopping with them, my goodness I get so excited just talking about it.Thanks for sharing your beautiful home, Now sit back and enjoy!
Blessings,
Sue

GWENDOLYN said...

Julie,
You have shared so many wonderful things with us today. Everything looks warm and inviting at your house. love your santa candy cane holder, I set out candy canes every year... I am on my second box already and I am the only one eating them. Your tree is lovely. so brite! Your cat looks like an ornament in the tree. ha! call the fire department , cat up in a tree. ha ha ha.
Blessings always!
Gwen

Anonymous said...

I love your decorations! The picture on the mantle is so perfect. People have the nativities out but that picture is really awesome to have on display.

debi said...

Julie, everything looks so cozy and Christmasy. I LOVE your mantle, all dressed so beautifully. And the picture of Christ is a perfect reminder of the true meaning of Christmas.
Hugs to you and your family, Debi

Brenda said...

Very BEAUTIFUL! Love it all! I'm a kid at heart also! Thanks for your inspiring post!
Have a great week! Christmas blessings to you!
Love, Brenda

Farm Chick Paula said...

What beautiful pictures! I love the little pooch and his present the best!