Saturday, January 2, 2010

NEW YEAR BEAUTY, JOY AND FUN...

It was New Years Eve Day...and this handsome man asked me for a over night date...what else could I say but....ok, lets go!

We drove 2 hours away through three beautiful canyons...the day was gorgeous, full sun on pure white snow.

It felt like we were up at a ski resort, way above the inversion below.

Where we live we are so blessed to have full sun everyday, it's so great for ones mood!

I never get tired of seeing the beautiful deer, they were everywhere along this drive. Such pretty creatures in their sweet little families, carefully trying to cross the road.

We went out to eat at a quaint little place, The Garden House. It's in an old home and it is so darling, this is the front door, come on in!

A Christmas tree and a big old staircase in is the front foyer~

A fire blazes there too to warm you from head to toe~

Cute little tables and booths that look like something from a 40's movie~

We look out the beautiful stained glass windows at the Christmas lights in the garden~


Waiting for our dinner with my sweetie

I ordered a chicken breast covered with crab, hollandaise sauce and asparagus spears..YUM

And what do men order....prim rib, on the rare side please!

Then Heavenly desert....white chocolate mouse, whipped cream and raspberries on top of a lemon bar cake....YUMMY


As we left the place looked so pretty with all it's lights glowing in the night~


This eve was so beautiful too because of the bright, blue full moon...we drove around just looking at it's beauty!

The lights of town felt so festive too, almost as pretty as the moon~
We then went to a movie..."The Morgans"...it was a light comedy and I do mean light! It was pretty predictable, I knew what they were going to say and do before they did! We wanted to see "The Blind Side" but it was sold out....But it was still fun!
Then we stayed overnight at a beautiful place, next day saw some of our kids before heading home.


Little 4 month old Ella, sitting up in her little chair

Grinning at us...makes our hearts melt for sure!

Cute Caleb in his new bomber jacket~


And a new toy that makes noises when he moves it for Cougar...he loved it!

LETS HOPE THAT 2010 WILL BE A REALLY GREAT YEAR...better than the worrisome year this has been for our world!
We are praying that turmoil and dishonesty will cease and that people will be honest in their dealing with others and that the economy will recover.
Wishing for peace and prosperity, joy and wellness for families. May you have a wonderful year and focus on what really matters, what really counts here and in the here after.

~LOVE EVERYONE OF YOU~

http://tayloredtots.blogspot.com/....GO CHECK OUT THE GIVE A WAY AT THIS SITE....IT'S A NEW BLOG BY A FRIEND OF MINE...A CHILDRENS CLOTHING STORE...TAYLORED TOTS...THIS IS A REALLY SWEET GAL....THE GIVE A WAY WILL BE ON MONDAY..GO!

35 comments:

Treasia Stepp said...

What a lovely date the two of you had. You make a beautiful couple.

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Happy New Year Julie...
What a wonderful overnight date with the love of your life. Love the deer, aren't they just breath taking? I love watching them play in your photos, you captured them so well. I do not miss the snow, I just love to look at the beauty of it all.

The little inn that you went to for dinner was so devine. I loved that window. How inviting the door is. So very quaint.

The grandkids are just precious. Love to look at their little faces. So precious.

Looks like you two started the New Year out great. Stop by soon.

Country hugs sweetie...Sherry

Betsy said...

What a wonderful post! I love that place you had dinner...so quaint and lovely! The food looks scrumptious, too! And those grandbabies aren't too bad either! LOL!

happeningswithLana said...

Julie,
Beautiful pictures! I had to call my DH in to show him the deer pictures. Thank you for sharing your night with us.

The grandkids are adorable!

The Garden of Egan said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time. Thanks for sharing the pictures with us. The deer are so sweet and the snow is beautiful.
Looks like the quaint little place you went was yummmmmmy. MMMMM. I think I would have had to have a bite of the prime rib though.
Have a wonderful New Year!

6p00e54eee13238834 said...

What a lovely restaurant! I want one of those little nooks I my house now. And the food... oh my!
Patricia

Jenglamgirl said...

What a beautiful fun cozy outing and date with your hunny! you got some great shots too! thanks for sharing!

Joycee said...

Julie, What a beautiful and romantic restaurant. Thanks for sharing the date with all of us!
joycee at grannymountain

Brenda @Cozy Little House said...

You two look so happy and radiant in that photo! Good for you!
Brenda

Michael & Lindsey said...

I'm glad you guys were able to have a fun New Year's Eve together. It was fun to be able to see you guys for a little while!

bellaboo said...

Hello!
Thankyou so much for dropping by and your sweet comments.Bella is blushing!
Mr Boo and I would have loved your 'date' too...just our idea of a good night out.Wishing you good health,peace,happiness and lots of love in 2010.

Bellaboo

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

My kind of date. We used to love to go off for short vacations, just the two of us without the kids. Have'nt done that in awhile, you gave me some ideals. I loved seeing your family, the baby is so cute. Thanks for sharing.

Angelena said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful date! My husband and I make it a priority to have a date night once a month. We both look forward to them.

I love the pictures of the deer and the snow. We still have snow- lots of it.

The restaurant and food look wonderful. I love your HOPE - that is my HOPE as well.

(((Hugs)))
Angelena

Knittings Nice! said...

Stumbled across your blog as you do....wonderful, great photography...and like me don't you just love those Grandbubs...gorgeous place you live too...will visit again.

ABamaMom said...

What a special way to start the New Year...just you and your sweetie! That dessert looked luscious and fattening! The kiddies are precious!

Connie said...

Hello, sugar! I came over from Mercy Otis' blog and am I glad I did. What a delightful blog you have. That little doll in the photo is certainly a cutie also. Nice to meet you, sweet chick. OOOOooooh, and yes, I was going to ask about that house in your banner before I read the sidebar! Hah.
xoxo,
Connie

Jenny S said...

What an amazing date night! With a five year old it is hard to get away for an overnight date night with my hubby. We try to get Nana to keep him every once in a while, but I also don't want to take advantage of having my parents live so close!! Happy New Year!!

Lorilee said...

That was a perfect way to start a new year! I love the booths at the restaurant.
Blessings,
Lorilee

Tracy said...

Now that's my kind of date!!! Glad you got to experience it for me!! ;-) Really, what a great way to start the new year!!! :-)

Muthering Heights said...

What a wonderful date!! You have quite a swell gentleman to take you out! :)

Vicki said...

Hi, Julie,
I am glad you and your sweetie were able to get away and have such a fun date!! Your little grandbaby is such a sweetie pie! That little smile would melt anyone's heart. Wishing you, too, my sweet friend a New Year filled with joy! Vicki

koralee said...

What a blessing to spend time together...you both look so amazingly happy! We all need that little getaway time together. Your grandbabies are adorable!

jenjen said...

How fun! It looks like you had a wonderful time! Happy New Year Julie!

XOXO
Jen

Marie said...

awww , what a sweet date you and your dear husband had together. I loved reading about it. What a seet couple you make together!! Love your grandbabies as well. They're totally adorable! Happy New Year! Am looking forward to reading where the journey takes you in 2010!!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Oh Julie,
What a lovely post! So romantic, what great looking food and your grandkiddies are just adorable! The deer look different than ours, are they mule deer? We have whitetail deer, and loads of them! I sure could use all that sunshine you talked about, it's been kind of gloomy here and very cold! Hugs, Cindy

Anita said...

Looks like you had a great time...it is always nice to spend alone time with your sweetie. Happy New Year and I'm looking forward to visiting with you more and more in 2010.

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

What a wonderful date with your sweet husband. Thanks for sharing. Your grandkids are so sweet too. Have a blessed New Year.
Blessings,
Marcia

Kim said...

Thanks for sharing your day with us. I especially like the photo out the window--and the cutie patootie kids.

The imPerfect Housewife said...

Ok, you called him "this handsome man" and your "sweetie", but what did your husband say to all that??? HA HA SO joking. Looks like an amazing time. I never ever ever get tired of seeing deer - sometimes we go on deer drives a couple miles away just to look. Yes, we're that boring, but we love it. Happy new year ~ ♥

Susan S. said...

Hey there....just popped in from Cackleberry Farm and love your blog. The winter pictures are SO pretty! and I'm getting hungry just looking at dinner pics....mmmm. Hugs and happy new year from Houston, TX

Brenda said...

I love your pictures! You are so CUTE together!
Happy New Year to you and your beautiful family!

Mimi Sue said...

Looks like lots of fun. I'm so ready for a little getaway. Glad your Christmas was merry. Mimi

GWENDOLYN said...

What a sweet date! The deer are lovely. We are fortunate to have them in our backyard at times. The sun always shines there? I'm moving in! Glad you had such a great time.
Blessings!
Gwen

maría cecilia said...

Dear Julie, this is a great honeymoon!!! How lovely your so handsome husband to invite you for a night over.

These grands are delicious!!!
Muchos cariños,
Maria Cecilia

Heart of a Cowgirl said...

What a great way to spend New Year's Eve. I absolutely loved your pics of the deer. They are so sweet! All the best in the new year to you and your family.