Wednesday, January 20, 2010

THIS DAY....MAKE THE EARTH MOVE UNDER YOUR FEET

BE AN ANGEL AS YOU GO FORWARD IN....

~YOU WILL NEVER REGRET BEING A LITTLE TOO KIND~



THIS IMAGE WAS ON THE NEWS LAST NIGHT

It really hit me hard...25 Babies living in a trailer....25, can you who are mothers out there imagine this?
Think about it...let yourself hear it...feel it...smell it...let your heart be there.


When we are in the service of our fellow beings we are only in the service of our God.
The Savior taught his disciples, "For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it."
Unless we lose ourselves in service to others, there is little purpose to our lives.

Often we live side by side but do not communicate heart to heart.

How many times has your heart been touched as you have witnessed the need of another?
How often have you intended to be the one to help? And yet how often has day-to-day living interfered and you've left it for others to help, feeling that "oh, surely someone will take care of that need." We become so caught up in the busyness of our own lives.

Were we to step back, however, and take a good look at what we are doing, we may find that we have immersed ourselves in the
" thick of thin things."
Too often we spend a lot of our time taking care of the things which do not really matter much at all in the grand scheme of things, neglecting those more important things.

I love this poem...a sweet guide to life

I have wept in the night
For the shortness of sight
That to somebody's need made me blind;
But I never have yet
Felt a tinge of regret
For being a little too kind.

We are surrounded by those in need of our attention, our encouragement, our support, our comfort, our kindness....be they family, friends, acquaintances, or strangers. We are the Lord's hands here upon the earth, with the mandate to serve and to lift His children. He is dependent upon each of us.
I know a woman who is joyously happy. Each morning she asks her Heavenly Father to lead her to someone she can in some way help. Her sincere prayer is answered time and time again. The burdens of many are eased and lives are brightened. She is blessed continually for being an instrument in God's hands.

People everywhere need your help, not only in Haiti but all around you. I hope we can and will "follow our warm hearted impulses"....moving at the very moment our hearts and the Spirit tells us to, to bless the lives of others and in turn bring the greatest of joys to our own hearts and souls.
Sending "all my love out to each of you" AND thanking each of you for all the ways you "lift me up and bring great joy to my heart." I love each of you my friends...my sisters!


28 comments:

Nicole said...

What a beautiful post. I wish I could go over there and hold them and love them.

Jenglamgirl said...

You are always so thoughtful and considerate of those out there in need. That picture of the mother and all those babies is just heart wrenching. I wish I could do more but my prayers are all I can offer for now. I love that you are so heartfelt, our Savior must be so proud. ;) Jenn

Hill Country House Girl said...

As always, thanks for your kind words on hill country house. It all seems so trivial after reading your post today. You write just beautifully and are an inspiration. Thank you.

Farm Chick Paula said...

Such a wonderful post, Julie... it really does make you think when you see pictures like that.
Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful heart today!

koralee said...

My heat aches for these lovely people. xoxo

Cowboy mom said...

So.... Did you make the snow angel? It's amazing to me how many people reach out and voluntarily serve when something like the Haiti earthquake happens. People are inherently good. aren't they?

becky said...

Lovely post Julie! I adored that poem as well.What shocked me along with all of the rest of course,was the elderly living just waiting to die.They have no food they are old and they are simply starving to death.This hit a nerve in me becasue for a while in my life I was a Geriatric nurse.So I can imagine closing my eyes and feeling what they are going through.To sad.No words can explain the pain in the country now.

Tracy said...

Thanks for the thought provoking words once again!! I absolutely LOVE the poem!!

Julie, thanks so much for always leaving a comment on my posts!! It truly makes my day!! :-)

Jenny S said...

That is one of the most beautiful snow angels I have ever seen!!

Muthering Heights said...

Those poor children...my heart just breaks for them!!! :(

The Garden of Egan said...

Beautiful post.
My heart and prayers are there.
Hopefully I can make a little difference here at home.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

This is lovely, started with such a beautiful image.

I think, since most of us cannot go to help, that if we listen the the Holy Ghost, we can help in some way, if not there, right next door. And the prayer of a righteous man/woman is powerful.

Marie said...

Once again a beautiful post Julie. I think those of us who have even a little bear a responsability to share a portion of it with those who have less. I firmly believe that it is only when we reach outside ourselves and serve others that we truly begin to live our lives with purpose and meaning. Have a wonderful Wednesday! xxoo

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

So true, so beautiful Julie. It is so unimaginable. I have been in homes that were so unsanitary and to the point the children were removed, but even those would have been better than this. Hugs, Cindy

Valerie said...

Beautiful words, there is much suffering and need all around us. We can make a difference, even by small and simple things (a dollar, a smile, a prayer).
Mosiah 4:19 is one of my favorite scriptures..."Behold, are we not all beggars?"...

Nora said...

Whata great post, and its good to put everything to proportion again... about what really matters.
And we matter to so many... so many need us... time to act on it
Thank you for this message today

Melissa Miller said...

It is so sad. My prayers are with them all.

Blessings, ~Melissa

Brenda said...

Hello my friend!
Thanks for reminding us that we can help so many people around us!
Your words are always well said!
I LOVE your daily inspiration!

WOW, those COOKIES of yours are heavenly, and I'm SUPER HUNGRY! I wished I was your neighbor!

Have a great day! Thanks for visiting!

Shelia said...

Hi Julie! What a post. It does break my heart!
Thanks for coming by today.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Mercy Otis/The Stone House said...

Yes I an hear them, smell them, my heart breaks thinking about them being scared and sick and hurt and needing a mothers arms......

And you're right; I do get caught up in the thick of thin things. I so want to be like the woman who is joyously happy! Thank you so much for this shot in the heart today. :-)

The Buffalo are majestic! I never do get tired of seeing wild things. Even deer.
Enjoy your day Julie
Mercy

Vicki said...

Thank you for this call to service! May I be aware of the needs all around me and respond to them. I hope you are having a wonderful week, my friend! Thank you for your faithfulness in always stopping by to visit and leave encouraging words. Sending many happy wishes your way! Vicki

Melinda Cornish said...

what got me were the children in the Port Au Prince orphanage....fifty of them were killed, the orphanage was leveled and they are sleeping in the street.....The whole nation of Haiti has been in my prayers......

Manuela@TPOH said...

Inspirational post Julie! True there are so many people that need help - everywhere!

Manuela

Betsy said...

I think I needed those words today! Thank you!

Connie said...

There's a YW song from many years ago that has these words:
We are His hands, the hands of heaven on earth.
Many times our prayers are answered by someone's unselfish service.
Thanks for posting.

p.s. I think Blogger is having some problems tonight. That's why the videos aren't working.

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

What a beautiful reminder of who we serve Julie. This is a wonderful post. I loved that poem, and your comment about being immersed in the "thick of thin things". That's so true far too often. Thanks for sharing this.
Blessings,
Marcia

Eggs In My Pocket / Yesteryear Embroideries said...

How beautiful and inspiring your words are, and yes, I have watched and have been so saddened by all that I see. Blessings,Kathleeen

Beth said...

Such a thought provoking post...I was up last night worrying for all the mothers,fathers and children...the picture just makes this unbearable for me. I feel guilty every time I eat or have water. We have sent $ to the Red Cross.. and pray often..but I fear it's too late for so many.
You are right about people needing help all around us ...not just in Haiti...thanks for the reminder.