Thursday, January 28, 2010

SNOW and SMILES in the MORNING...

This is "Sage"...I found her out in the fields as I was going on my morning walk about 4 years ago. She was so tiny...just about the size of my palm. I fed her milk from a dropper for a week. Since we had to have our other cat put down last week, this one has not left my lap!
~~~~~~~~~~

This morning, I woke up to this.....SNOW.....it isn't much especially compared to other places in the country that have 2-3 feet of snow, but it sure made me SMILE.
Usually we get a dusting and then either the wind carries it off or the sun comes out so quickly it all melts, but this morning this bit of snow is sticking....it makes everything so beautiful!
And it is making me SMILE.


" A SMILE is the window of the heart that lets the soul shine through "

" Even our simplest SMILES are like parted shutters, emitting the soul-light of which there is no surplus in the world. Too many live as if boarded up, preferring to look out upon others rather than illuminating the scene themselves." -Neal A. Maxwell-


"You must have a good time meeting people if you expect them to have a good time meeting you."

A SMILE has the same meaning in every language...a simple SMILE says, " I'm so glad to see you," "You make me happy!"

The effect of a SMILE is powerful...even when it is unseen...it is called computer power...your SMILE can come right through your computer....see :D

A SMILE costs nothing, but creates much...it enriches those who receive it, without impoverishing those who give it.


~It happens in a flash and the memory of it sometimes lasts forever~

None are so rich that they can get along without SMILES...and none are so poor but are richer for it's benefits.


A SMILE creates happiness in the home, fosters good will in business, and is the countersign of friends.

It is rest to the weary, daylight to the discouraged, sunlight to the sad, and nature's best antidote for trouble.

Yet, it cannot be bought, begged, borrowed, or stolen, for it is something that is of no earthly good to anyone till it is given away.

"Every time you SMILE at someone it is an action of love, a gift to the person, a beautiful thing."-Mother Teresa-

"SMILE...it is the key that fits the lock of everybody's heart." -Andrew D' Angelo-

"The reason people pass one door to patronize another store
Is not because the second place has finer silks or gloves or lace
Or cheaper prices....but it lies in friendly words and smiling eyes
The great big difference, we believe is in the treatment folks receive."
~~~~~~~~

Sending " warm heart felt" SMILES out to each of you my friends....you make me smile and laugh and sometimes even shed a tear.
I am so enjoying each one of you here in blog-land...What did I ever do with out knowing you?!

I'm so grateful to my daughters who made me sit down and learn how to use the computer...or I would have missed out on knowing you!
xoxoxox... to all :D

40 comments:

bellaboo said...

Thanks for popping over,it's always lovely to have your comments,they certainly make me smile.I LOVE the picture of your 'goldie' with a snowy head.What a lovely sweet face.

Bellaboo

Megan said...

Julie,
It looks so pretty there! But still, I am glad to be in a warm desert town!
I was able to donate $9 this week from my Help for Haiti baby hats and pattern sales. Thanks for the shout out!!
Warm and toasty thoughts,
Megan

Lissa said...

your are so blessed to live in such a beautiful area! oh my! And that kitty is just adorable!

ps that wasn't really my view~ just dreaming.

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

I feel the same way about you. What did I do before I found you and all these other wonderful ladies out here..
Love this post about smiles and so true what you have written.
Your pictures make me cold but their beautiful
Love
Maggie
love the kitty too

Jenglamgirl said...

Love all the snowy pics. Especially the one of the mtns. above your snow covered chairs, and of your doggy. So cute! YOUR posts are so heartfelt, I love them. HERE IS A BIG SMILE FROM ME TO YOU!

Tracy said...

Thanks for the many comments and post from you that make me smile!! LOVE all the photos, especially your dog!! We got snow too!!! :-)

Linda said...

When someone asks me what is my best feature, I say my smile! It always makes me feel better to smile and I can see the response of others. I can tell the grumpy checkout girl is having a bad day, smile, tell her thank you and she looks at you, like OK maybe this isn't so bad after all.
GReat post, Smiles..

becky said...

Beautiful blog Julie!We had a few flurries last night and today its back to winter again.We had lots of snow this year, Im about ready for spring.I love snow for the holidays but about now Im ready for the spring and gardneing and swimming and green grass lol.

Have a lovely day!~~Becky

Eggs In My Pocket / Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Your whole post and wonderful words just made me smile!! So enjoy visiting here. Love little Sage! blessings,Kathleen

Barn Mom said...

Ah...once again Miss Jewels...you bring sunshine to my heart and soul! Yes, you are so right...a SMILE can be felt and seen even through a computer screen! It's in our words, actions and deeds...and may each of treasure this knowledge and yes, share it...because it is so true...a SMILE cannot be bought, begged, borrowed, or stolen, for it is something that is of no earthly good to anyone till it is given away!
Today my friend...I give you my SMILE :D with a few tears of happiness and joy...along with the feeling of that wonderful comfort that we feel through knowing the fullness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ! Thank you for your words this beautiful snowy day!
Loves,
Michelle

SixAreMine said...

Becky,
Today, we had our first day of sun in two weeks, so while you were enjoying the snow, I was enjoying some warm sunshine. :0) Isn't it wonderful the comfort we get from having a kitty on our lap. So sorry about your other cat but I am happy to know you've got this one to cuddle with. Thank you so much for leaving a kind comment on my blog. Hope you'll be back! I am so glad I found yours.

Jules said...

I wish I loved the snow like that. Maybe if it didn't stick around for 6 months. The temp here is below zero and is staying there for the next week or so.....

I do love Smiles though!!!

Sandra said...

Those pretty red rocks always look so spectacular with a dusting of snow!

Jenny S said...

We are expecting our first snow of the year this weekend! It will most likly pass us by, but...we can hope!

Betsy said...

That snow rabbit looks like he could be good friends with my Nugget! :)

You got a nice amount of snow...beautiful!

I'd say Sage had been handed down the royal spot! :)

Gloria said...

Hi, Julie! Thank you for your comments on my blog and don't worry, I will be myself! And thanks for becoming a "follower" of mine -- I just became a follower of yours too! :)
Take care and I LOVE all of your 'snowy' pics. (Although, for myself, I am hoping that here in CT we are DONE with the snow!)
Best regards, lovely lady!
Gloria

Frenchy chick said...

Beautiful pictures...I love that. People smile a lot in the states. I always have too

Muthering Heights said...

You live in such a beautiful place!!! I love seeing photos from around your home! :)

Paula said...

Aw Julie! We are the lucky ones:)
Don't you love how our daughters can teach us? This one is my favorite...
"SMILE...it is the key that fits the lock of everybody's heart." -Andrew D' Angelo-
thanks for sharing...your snow is beautiful!

Trish said...

Thank you for your nice comments about the cookbooks. It's fun to think about my old cookbook as the velveteen rabbit, one of my favorite books, by the way. Thanks for reminding me how beautiful snow really is. It has been snowing here everyday, an inch or two.We have a tendency to think "Oh no, not again" but I really do love it. It is so bright and sparkly, especially when the sun shines. Also, a great reminder to smile. I try to remember to smile at everyone I see. I know when someone smiles at me, it brightens my day.

Maria said...

Living up here in the northeast (about central New York) ... we surely do see snow!
I say it is our brightness in the cold and dark of winter.

...as you are the brightness and salt of the earth...
many blessings, always
~Maria

susan said...

I am not a "cat person", but Sage is beautiful and unusual! You are right about the smile. And sometimes we just have to smile until we mean it!

Brenda said...

Your pictures are beautiful! Although, I must say it looks cold!
Thanks for sharing!

koralee said...

Oh what a lovely post today and so so true...I found out long ago that smiling is the best thing you can ever do for yourself. Love your snow images..we still do not have any...enjoy it. xoxo

The Garden of Egan said...

Beautiful snow! Must be such a treat for you. Not so much here.
Loved your thoughts and quotes on smiles.
You are wonderful.

Together We Save said...

Oh my goodness.... these pictures are beautiful.

Sandy said...

Oh my Goodness! BEAutiful pictures!!

Vicki said...

Hi, Julie,
That snow covered scenery of your home is certainly making me smile!! Sage is a sweet, sweet kitty! I hope you are having a lovely week, my friend. Sending many smiles your way! Vicki

Marie said...

Julie, you are so blessed to live in such a beautiful place. I loved all these pictures and your lovely words. (OF course!) I think my fav photo is of the dog. How sweet! xxoo

The Kent Family in Kenai said...

Great post, love the pictures too :))

Diana said...

Awesome pictures!! I just love looking at snow.

Come over soon to see me.

GWENDOLYN said...

Julie,
Your post certainly made me SMILE today. Your cold pictures look like what we have here... so cold out this morning... in the low teens. brrrrrrrrr!
Blessings!
Gwen

The Askeroth Family said...

Yes, I think we created a monster! lol! I love the last picture, it's pretty. We have a TON of snow here too!

Mercy Otis/The Stone House said...

:-) Thanks for the smiles today!
I'm grateful to your daughters too! Ya, and mine too, because they helped and encouraged me to blog as well.
Enjoy your snowy day.
Mercy

once in a blue moon... said...

well you sure made me smile and every single picture!

Joycee said...

What a great post! You boost my spirits everytime I come for a visit. I just sent a link to your blog to a friend who's just started a blog...
http://kimskindnesskorner.blogspot.com

myletterstoemily said...

wow! that is one of the most beautiful views i've
ever seen.

lucky you...and us since, you are sharing it with us.

my family was invited to an exceedingly lovely home
in the mountains, and my young son said, "golly,
mister, you have a really big house!"

the gracious host said, "we are so glad you can enjoy
it with us."

Farmgirl Paints said...

Gorgeous pics! I wish I could send all of ours your way;) Love the pic with your puppy and snow on her/his head:)

Brenda @Just a Bed of Roses said...

Your dog smiled at me through his eyes...how beautiful of a post.

Farm Chick Paula said...

Such beautiful pictures, Julie!! We got 8 inches of snow last night... that might sound like a drop in the bucket to some people, but it's a lot for this area. It's kinda nice to be snowed in for a day or two!